Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im considering either a turbo or a supercharger for my zx3 and i was wondering what are the positive and negative gains for both and which one is recomended for the most power gains. thanks

·
FF Affiliate
30,384 Posts
Shoot i like this debate , Turbo will allways give more power and almost 2 times the TQ as a SC

Turbos are no less reliable

Turbos do tend to cost more for a quality kit

Tom

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I have to agree with Tom, Turbo is the way to go[burnout]

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I had a JRSC on my 02xz5 auto , A WAste of time & money . what a disappointment[nono] ...
I now have a turbo on my 04SVT , no comparision. what a blast. An orgasam at every shift point...[ohcrap] [thumb] ...

This doesn't have to be a debate...or an exercise in mechanical theory... GO turbo...

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Id go turbo. More power more reliable and more tuneable than the supercharger. Turbonetics or Garrett are the way to go. I prefer Garrett though. Right now Im looking for a GT28RS turbo for my ZX3.

·
Registered
565 Posts
03OrangeSVT said:
I have to agree with Tom, Turbo is the way to go[burnout]
03OrangeSVT: would you mind telling me what other mods you have to your SVT? my goal is to put down numbers like you have, but i'm not sure exactly how to go about doing that...

and another question: to be able to break 250whp, is a turbo the only way to do it since you're pretty limited w/ the amount of boost you can do w/ a supercharger?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Yeah, both a turbo and a supercharger'll be able to get you to 250. I know the SVT powerworks kit is claiming about 250hp/210tq on the engine dyno, but on the ZX3 kit, what they claimed on the engine, they were effectively making to the ground, so who knows. Although a turbocharger will definitely give you more torque.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Can some one give me a list of turbos for my car? I have been lookin into superchargers for a long time, and I know that a turbo is better. But a supercharger is better in other areas. The only turbo as of right now I would even want is Toms kit, but it is a little out of my price range. So I was just wondering if there are any other options. Is there any kit that measures up to yours Tom. Keep in mind that FI is not in the near future, but in the future no doubt. Thanks.

·
Registered
783 Posts
If you got the money do bolth, youd have to have an insanely strong engine, then again I dont even know if its possible.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts