Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon! I just installed the FS stage 2 turbo kit a few weeks ago and was rather upset when I realized that it didn't come with a turbo timer! I didn't even think about it when I bought the kit. I picked up an Apexi timer for free of my buddy's totaled STI right before the insurance right off! :D Does anyone know how to install a timer?

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
bump for a good question

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
With todays turbos a timer isnt needed , we now have better oils and better parts that the turbos are built from

Just give it about 6 to 10 sec then shut it off , most cases it takes that long to gather the stuff in the car and turn it off

Save the trouble of install and pass it on to another friend , let it be his headache

Tom

·
Premium Member
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, I get what you're saying and I understand. I'm just looking to get the max turbo life I can. Alright, well I guess I could always make $40 for it on ebay or craigs. Thanks. In that case, doesn anyone on here want it? lol

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
FWIW My old Dodge has 218,000 on its Cummins... no turbo timer, no water cooling or anything... still on the original turbo.. and its still in good enough shape I wouldnt hesitate putting on my SVT.

·
Premium Member
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, that convinced me! lol Thanks! I'm gonna get rid of the timer then.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Great Question. I was wondering the same thing recently, thanks for asking!!!

·
Premium Member
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow, very nice! Only which wires do I splice into?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts