Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have intake and exhaust. Is it ok to throw on a turbo. Obviously tuned right and running low boost. Im looking at the GT28 turbo kit, intake manifold, headers, intake, ball-bearing design, fuel management, and adjustable integral wastegate actuator. Is it ok or not?

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
vassili u silly mofo

thats the precision kit your talking about. i have never heard of or seein anyone with it but it looks like a great kit. you'll have to get rid of your intake and some extra exhaust work might be nice.

·
Registered
793 Posts
haha vassili, i seen an mx-6 with one of those before, i bet that it actually restricts air from flowing freely.

·
Registered
20 Posts
HEY, DON'T MEAN TO GANG UP ON YA VASSILI, BUT IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CFM, YOU KNOW THAT AT FULL THROTTLE YOUR CAR ALREADY SUCKS IN MORE AIR THAN THAT BY ITSELF! IT WILL JUST RESTRICT THE FLOW AND MORE THAN LIKELY BURN THE CHEAP MOTOR OUT! THE WHOLE CONCEPT OF TURBOS AND SUPERCHARGERS IS THE VARIABLE BOOST AT DIFERENT THROTTLE POSITIONS TO HAVE THE PROPER AIR/ FUEL MIXTURE FORCED IN THE COMBUSTION CHAMBER! ANYWAY AS FAR AS A TURBO, SLOW ZX3, SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA IF YOU HAVE THE CASH TO DO IT RIGHT. [thumb]

·
Registered
963 Posts
FOCUSTANG said:
HEY, DON'T MEAN TO GANG UP ON YA VASSILI, BUT IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CFM, YOU KNOW THAT AT FULL THROTTLE YOUR CAR ALREADY SUCKS IN MORE AIR THAN THAT BY ITSELF! IT WILL JUST RESTRICT THE FLOW AND MORE THAN LIKELY BURN THE CHEAP MOTOR OUT! THE WHOLE CONCEPT OF TURBOS AND SUPERCHARGERS IS THE VARIABLE BOOST AT DIFERENT THROTTLE POSITIONS TO HAVE THE PROPER AIR/ FUEL MIXTURE FORCED IN THE COMBUSTION CHAMBER! ANYWAY AS FAR AS A TURBO, SLOW ZX3, SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA IF YOU HAVE THE CASH TO DO IT RIGHT. [thumb]
yea that was a joke man geez

1 - 8 of 8 Posts