Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 128 Posts

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Have a factory bracket coming here to measure... Couple weeks we should have one.
I wont be waiting a couple weeks...if the steeda one works for dct, ill be getting that one...unless you can confirm in the next week?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I wont be waiting a couple weeks...if the steeda one works for dct, ill be getting that one...unless you can confirm in the next week?
Where does Steeda show one for the DCT? We do know 100% the DCT mount is for just the DCT, the ST and manual focus N/A mounts are not the same. All 3 are completely different mounts.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Steeda's mount only replaces the upper bracket.
True, however you still use the factory soft cast aluminum bracket on the transmission. With the added stress on a more firm mount, a lower bracket to replace the soft aluminum factory cast bracket is a must IMHO. Our testing showed it is the weak point in the factory structure. This is why we replace both, and better yet, it is better priced (less cost) and you get more parts :)

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
True, however you still use the factory soft cast aluminum bracket on the transmission. With the added stress on a more firm mount, a lower bracket to replace the soft aluminum factory cast bracket is a must IMHO. Our testing showed it is the weak point in the factory structure. This is why we replace both, and better yet, it is cheaper and you get more parts :)

And this is exactly why I wanted the TTR product. This new mount has been doing really well for me, still love it!

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
True, however you still use the factory soft cast aluminum bracket on the transmission. With the added stress on a more firm mount, a lower bracket to replace the soft aluminum factory cast bracket is a must IMHO. Our testing showed it is the weak point in the factory structure. This is why we replace both, and better yet, it is better priced (less cost) and you get more parts :)
You really think that bracket will snap..its pretty thick, price is same atm as steeda is on sale... all im saying is I dont want to wait 3 weeks to find out if it works with DCT, unless if I change the bracket it will work, then ill see about changing the bracket. There are detailed pics of all the different brackets care of mike from RDC on here.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
We have a mount from Mike coming here, we will have a mount specifically designed for the DCT focus. It won't be long. A couple weeks to have a complete replacement mount.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
You really think that bracket will snap..its pretty thick, price is same atm as steeda is on sale... all im saying is I dont want to wait 3 weeks to find out if it works with DCT, unless if I change the bracket it will work, then ill see about changing the bracket. There are detailed pics of all the different brackets care of mike from RDC on here.
Patience young padawan.? TTR will get it done and you'll be satisfied with the mount.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Not bad. I honestly didn't notice much increase over just the Cobb rmm and stock PSM.
It's very mellow. The mount lets you know it's doing what it it's supposed to when you're really getting on it and then it's just as smooth as stock almost when you're cruising.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Not bad. I honestly didn't notice much increase over just the Cobb rmm and stock PSM.
It's very mellow. The mount lets you know it's doing what it it's supposed to when you're really getting on it and then it's just as smooth as stock almost when you're cruising.

I ve got the upper mount but the vibrate makes my wife complaint alot
Forced to remove it...
Hopefully this one wont be that bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 128 Posts