Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Hey guys! Aaron at Turbo Tech has been awesome to work with on this project. I gotta say, their customer service has been phenomenal! I asked them to make me a driver side mount for my car and they followed through with an excellent product!
I've had the mount on my car for about a week now and the improvement has been awesome. There's not a whole lot of added NVH for the amount of benefit. My connection to the vehicle feels much more solid and precise. I love it! I have their PSM as well and will be adding that to the mix to see just how rock solid this motor can be.

To go with my test fitting process, I made an installation how to video, as filmed by my lovely wife. Which can be found here. https://youtu.be/Vt7TNNnXoSU
This mount is a little bit more involved to get to than the other two mounts. For the improvement it's well worth the time and it's not as scary as it might seem to some newbie DIYers.

Thanks to Aaron and Turbo Tech Racing for your awesome customer service and great products just for the mk3 N/A crowd!!!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Hey guys! Aaron at Turbo Tech has been awesome to work with on this project. I gotta say, their customer service has been phenomenal! I asked them to make me a driver side mount for my car and they followed through with an excellent product!
I've had the mount on my car for about a week now and the improvement has been awesome. There's not a whole lot of added NVH for the amount of benefit. My connection to the vehicle feels much more solid and precise. I love it! I have their PSM as well and will be adding that to the mix to see just how rock solid this motor can be.

To go with my test fitting process, I made an installation how to video, as filmed by my lovely wife. Which can be found here. https://youtu.be/Vt7TNNnXoSU
This mount is a little bit more involved to get to than the other two mounts. For the improvement it's well worth the time and it's not as scary as it might seem to some newbie DIYers.

Thanks to Aaron and Turbo Tech Racing for your awesome customer service and great products just for the mk3 N/A crowd!!!
Will the mount work for the DCT??? Nice how to by the way.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Thanks sailor.

Glad you liked the how to Fabio, that's my first relatively involved install how to.

Mike at RDC is going to confirm for me if the bottom bracket of the mount for the mtx is the same on the DCT. If it is then it should fit without issue.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Thanks sailor.

Glad you liked the how to Fabio, that's my first relatively involved install how to.

Mike at RDC is going to confirm for me if the bottom bracket of the mount for the mtx is the same on the DCT. If it is then it should fit without issue.
Awesome let me know! :) things are getting exciting. Cams, turbo kits, new mounts, etc... Things are ramping up on this platform :) I see a Civic eater in the near future.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
I have the Cobb rmm, it's a vast improvement over the stock one, even the electric focus rmm.

Something to add about this new mount is that it really delivers WOT noise straight into the cabin but is nice and smooth while cruising.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
If this will work on the dct I'm all over it.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
cool, well let us know what you find out. Thanks for all the hard work your putting into this.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Any update on if this works for DCT

·
Registered
151 Posts
Let me know when DCT's unit are available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 125 Posts