Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 80 of 133 Posts

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Well took much longer to install than I anticipated. (My fault, not TTR.) But mount is in!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
How long? And what was the hangup?

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Some how I allowed the engine to shift a little so the new mount didn't line up. Then I had to undo the rear motor mount so that I was able to move the engine enough to get the DSM lined up right.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Took me about 3 hours. Lol

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
There are definitely some new noises to get used to lol but the mount is great.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Some how I allowed the engine to shift a little so the new mount didn't line up. Then I had to undo the rear motor mount so that I was able to move the engine enough to get the DSM lined up right.

Sent from my SM-G920T using FF Mobile
Hmmm..... did you jack up and hold the engine under the transmission? I hope that doesn't happen to me.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
There are definitely some new noises to get used to lol but the mount is great.

I'll have to drown it out with the new metallica album [headbang]

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Hmmm..... did you jack up and hold the engine under the transmission? I hope that doesn't happen to me.
Id recommend jacking it up and then use a jack stand under the transmission and it shouldn't do it for you.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Id recommend jacking it up and then use a jack stand under the transmission and it shouldn't do it for you.

Yup, thats what it says in the install instructions. [hihi] J/K Good to know,
I always have some unexpected issue when installing something..the JBR psm mount for some reason needed a 1/4" on the corner of it to get it onto studs and I could not get the damn mount in... I did not have the reverse torx sockets to remove the studs and could not find them anywhere closeby (Car was jacked up and I didn't want to stop) so I had to grind off 1/4" from the corner.

Reactions: Jburks

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Yup, thats what it says in the install instructions. [hihi] J/K Good to know,
I always have some unexpected issue when installing something..the JBR psm mount for some reason needed a 1/4" on the corner of it to get it onto studs and I could not get the damn mount in... I did not have the reverse torx sockets to remove the studs and could not find them anywhere closeby (Car was jacked up and I didn't want to stop) so I had to grind off 1/4" from the corner.
Lol yeah, just follow the instructions and you'll be fine. Lesson learned for me haha

My only issue now is I have like a dragging sound going on but nothing is dragging so I have to track that down now.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
There are some new rattles too but they are either under the car or in the engine bay. They sound outside of the cabin.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
^^^no extra interior vibes? I saw a video of someone idling with TTR psm and umm and upgraded rmm, COBB I think..and his water bottle was vibrating pretty good along with spare change

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
The psm can cause some pretty serious vibes. The Cobb rmm and ttr umm combined with oem psm is very tolerable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Oem PSM is pretty soft, I would imagine it tearing/failing after some mileage, would keep an eye on it anyhow.

Reactions: ChalupaJones

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
I'm going to reinstall the ttr psm when I finally have a decent weekend to do it. I got a house finally but had to settle for one without a garage so I'm still at the mercy of the elements until I become rich and famous enough to have a garage built.

I'll have a peak at it tomorrow to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Congratulations!! Make a carport? or Cover? OK, don't want to whore up TTR's thread.

Reactions: ChalupaJones

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
^^^no extra interior vibes? I saw a video of someone idling with TTR psm and umm and upgraded rmm, COBB I think..and his water bottle was vibrating pretty good along with spare change
Yeah a little more but not to bad inside. The psm already causes everything to rattle lol.

61 - 80 of 133 Posts