Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
So, what mounts are there and where do I start? The terminology is confusing as hell. Rear motor mount, lower engine mount, upper transmission mount.... help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Focus Preacher
3,408 Posts
So, what mounts are there and where do I start? The terminology is confusing as hell. Rear motor mount, lower engine mount, upper transmission mount.... help

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile

Rear motor mount is underneath (close to center of the car)

Passenger mount is the one on your left close to the coolant reservoir

Transmission mount is on the right under the battery compartement.

The critical mount that everybody change first is the rear mount.

·
Registered
781 Posts

Thanks.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

Thank you for your help!

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
And except for the RMM, I wouldn't upgrade any of the other ones unless you are doing performance mods and don't mind that it adds a lot of vibes and noise to car, the car just sounds mean...some people like this but as a result many of these mounts end up being taken out and for sale. [giddy]

·
Registered
781 Posts
And except for the RMM, I wouldn't upgrade any of the other ones unless you are doing performance mods and don't mind that it adds a lot of vibes and noise to car, the car just sounds mean...some people like this but as a result many of these mounts end up being taken out and for sale. [giddy]

Cool, that's what I was wondering. With every mod I plan on doing, I want to find the best balance.
Intake/exhaust- nice sound but not too loud
Lowering- low enough, but not too hard a ride
Mounts- less engine sway, but not driving a vibrator
Etc.

·
Registered
174 Posts
This ^^^

Mine took around 1k miles to settle down .... the vibes are still there but now more tolerable

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
This ^^^

Mine took around 1k miles to settle down .... the vibes are still there but now more tolerable

Sent from my SM-G930F using FF Mobile
Exactly OUR mounts at around 1,000 miles settle down VERY nicely. I would never compare ours to JBR, who are very harsh all around on the 80.

After a few months of driving, the vibrations on our upper engine and upper transmission (when you have BOTH) basically are non existent. Key is to have both upper mounts to balance the system out, having just one of the upper mounts will cause a bit more vibrations.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts

And after you swap those out, you no longer have a engine flopping around like a salmon under the hood! [histerical]

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
should have mine Friday, looking forward to getting it installed.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
nice!

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
So I checked the tracking on my mount through Fedex last night and it showed in Montana and that it would be Friday. Then I woke up this morning to a package on my porch. Mount is here! Nice surprise. Will have it installed Saturday. I got black and red to match my psm. I guess Fedex tracking is not very accurate.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
So I checked the tracking on my mount through Fedex last night and it showed in Montana and that it would be Friday. Then I woke up this morning to a package on my porch. Mount is here! Nice surprise. Will have it installed Saturday. I got black and red to match my psm. I guess Fedex tracking is not very accurate.

Sent from my SM-G920T using FF Mobile
Like!

41 - 60 of 130 Posts