Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greddy makes a kit for the 2.3 mazda 6. Why will no oine make one for the focus. It's the same engine. O have heard all the talk about the weak internals, but why r they willing to make them for the same engine in a different car. Was just wondering

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
The rods are a lot stronger in the mazda 3.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Foci_Fosho said:
be patient... rod's will come soon... this engine isn't going away anytime soon.
thats the lovely thing about new engines.....

also with the power we've been seeing with mods lately, such as the MM CAI for the duratec (which will be on my car in 3-weeks) im fealing the duratec engine, once parts come out nicely for it, will be a true player in killing the imports once and for all. [8D]

·
Registered
215 Posts
F2 might be able to help this subject pretty soon with both a supercharger and a turbo.

·
Registered
506 Posts
why dont they just do it this way...make a kit and include rod,pistons,rings,ect what ever is needed to ensure that motor isnt gonna go poof anywhere near 25 psi. so it cost 5g's for supercharger base setting is 12psi an you get the internals to withstand it. i'd imagine cosworths stage 3 kit could an very well with stand a failry mild forced induction setup. as much i would like to throw a SC or a turbo on when it comes off the lot, i can't. so we may have to play a long wait game for this or face the fact that our cars are not eligable to have this option,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts