Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kinda was wondering i know alot of people use ethier one or the other. But does anybody use both. i mean is it safe????? i'm thinking that you could be in the 13's easy with just the turbo so the spray would put you into the low to mid 12's right?

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
It can be done, but the tune has to be perfect. The two actually work very well together, often turbo drag cars spray off the line to get a good "holeshot" and then just use boost the rest of the way. You would need a good set-up and a really nice tune. I know focus-power.com has experience with this.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Just don't over do the noooooooosssssssssssssssssssssss otherwise you might come out looking like vin desiel.

But seriously, I agree with viney. Assuming he's talking about using the nitrous right after the start and right before your turbo spools. So you're hoping into boost faster/harder.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well no, i was thinking about just using it some where in 3rd were the power drags a lil. but i did think about the spool thing before

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
MISVTfocus said:
Just don't over do the noooooooosssssssssssssssssssssss otherwise you might come out looking like vin desiel.

LOL hahahah thats hilarious!

I wonder if nitrous and a turbo would be too much for the getrag...

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
didn't think about that

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
i wouldnt use anything over 50 shot if that. untill you get a rebuilt bottom end

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I think it would be a waste of time...... my turbo spools up almost too fast.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
^^^^ **drools** ^^^^

·
Registered
527 Posts
we used a small shot on diamond stars to spool the turbo quicker. small shot makes a big diff.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Using nitrous with a blower or turbo has a nice cooling effect and usually makes even more than the advertised "shot"...The tune has to be specific for this.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I WILL SEE does anybody think my times are off

·
The Godfather
4,405 Posts
My car utilizes a PowerWorks blower with Direct Port nitrous. I would tell you how it works but the project isn't quite done yet [thumb]

But like everybody says, the tune as to be just right.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
k pm me if i the thread disapears

1 - 15 of 15 Posts