Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the process of installing MUTTLEE's spi turbo setup, and since he wont respond to my emails/pms :thumbdown got to ask you guys for help. The things circled in yellow, I have no idea where these tubes go, I have the system 2/3 installed but am stuck on where those tubes go. (Picture is of it installed on his car)

Picture: The small yellow thing circled on the bottom right is something that normally connects to the right side of your header, but theres no spot for it on his system, no idea what it does. Its a small diameter metal tube.

·
Registered
891 Posts
the small circle would be the EGR fitting. You need to find the delete EGR for SPI somewhere on here.

The top circle, i think the the tube to recirulate the released pressure.

The one on the turbo i think the the oil line which has to go to the oil pan.

FYI, i got a Spec Stage 1 clutch new that is not installed if you still have the stock one in there.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where would I hook up the BOV into? As for the clutch I might be intrested but having a hard nuff time instaling this turbo at the moment :D

·
Registered
287 Posts
the bov (big circle) has to be connected to a vacuum source. a connection can usually be found somewhere along the intake manifold.

the medium cirlcle is the oil feed line. it feeds oil to the turbo. there are two "easy" spots on the back of the block where you can tee into the oil system. i can post up a pic, if i still have it.

the little circle is the egr. it is best to block it off or disable it completely. to disable it would most likely require an sct tune. by blockiing it off, you'll robably get a check engine light but nothing more.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
I can do EGR deletes for a small price

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll be running very low boost until I can tune it proper like (4psi). Anyway, heres pictures of it partially installed. Thanks for the answers just elaborating on some things.

The EGR, already know what to do with this but for clarity...

Where does this go? It fits a blue tube that came with the kit (that fits to the tube with the BOV) but it reminds me of a oil return line... Any thoughts?

Thanks for the answers on this one as well, but if you have anything to add thats cool too.

Engine bay shot.. Move along

ITS CRYING AT ME: In this shot, you tell me where in the hell I could put the intercooler. MUTLEE said it fitted right under the bumper, but yeah..

Shot of the intercooler (sorry its not fully in there.. stupid me), and rest of the parts. Not installing the injectors until I get it tuned and run higher boost.

FEEDBACK/ADVICE welcome :D Sorry for stetching the forum depending on what res you use.. Drilling the oil pans going to be tough, any links to guide..

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Looks great man!!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
the brass barb on the bottom of the turbo is the oil return.

here's basically how the turbo oil system breaks down.

the long, thin stainles steel flex line connects to the back of the motor to an oil feed hole.

the other end is connected to the turbo (which you have already done)

the brass barb on the bottom of the turbo (it needs to be unplugged first), connect that to the hose you said fits on it.

this hose is connected to the oil pan (the end that is not connected to the turbo)

you will have to tap your oilpan (take it off, drill a hole in it, put a barb in the hole, seal it) in order to connect the hose to it.

a turbo oil flow is basically like this:

engine --> oil feed line --> turbo --> oil drain line --> oil pan --> engine

·
Registered
818 Posts
OMG You cant turbo the SOHC motor it will blow up!!

You have EGR marked on your wastegate?
But really, turboing a car is'nt really somthing you can just jump into. It very easy to screw things up if your not 100% sure what it is your doing. You should really do some more research before you boost.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No the EGR is under the wastegate. I am curious where that cut off hose on the wastegate goes. Could I have more detail on where that oil line attaches? Its confusing meeee.. I also mounted the intercooler today, meaning all I have left are the various hoses.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Yep, it can go to the same place as the boost gauge and BOV.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts