Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have a '03 zetec. ive been leaning more towards a SC so i can keep my header that i absolutly love! but anyway, what would you FI vets recommend?

i am keeping an open mind for a turbo, but like i said ^ i want to keep my header. the FS SC looks nice plus easy to intall. also been checking out the CFM vortech SC but the extended SC drive might not fit over the SVT header that i have.

on second thought tho my header is prob. meaningless compared to a turbo.

[dunno]

any help/advice would be awesome.
thx in advance!

·
Slow n lifted
10,570 Posts
It all depends on your power goals and what you want to do. Also If you were to do supercharger the procharger is probably the best unless you just want a nice DD with some power find a JRSC or pwerworks and pop it on

·
coooookie monster
7,570 Posts
just imagine how nice a turbo tubular manifold would look in place of your header....TURBO end of story

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
now this isn't coming from experiance or anything...TURBO!!!

I have been thinking about getting a turbo on my focus

·
Sooooooooooo EURO
14,708 Posts
as mentioned before it really depends what your power goals are
if your gonna be happy with 200-225hp then a supercharger will probably be fine
but if you want big power turbo is the only way to go

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Wow.... you'll settle for less power just to keep a header.........

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
A turbo is a lot better looking then a header under the hood.....

Turbo is great and can be fine for a DD, I know several people that use there turbo car as a DD. I could but I don't, but thats just me. I would have no issues doing so.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my focus is the only car i have and it will def. be a DD. for now im not wanting to tear into the internals so what would be a safe hp or boost level for my stock rods (ive heard there a weak point on the zetec) ?

·
coooookie monster
7,570 Posts
svt can handle up to 15psi safely.... (may be more i cant remember)

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i cant find a turbo kit for a zetec. anyone know of some good turbo kits for an '03 zetec?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I have a Procharger kit for sale and it's calling your name....like egman2005 said...Procharger is your best bet if you go SC. Super easy to install.

HERE

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a Procharger kit for sale and it's calling your name....like egman2005 said...Procharger is your best bet if you go SC. Super easy to install.

HERE
dude, i would love to take this kit off your hands. but its just to rich for my blood!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i know youve added a lot of nice extras, but i couldnt even think of paying more than $3000 shipped

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
i cant find a turbo kit for a zetec. anyone know of some good turbo kits for an '03 zetec?
The Focus Power DIY turbo kit will be made for SVT and zetec. I would go that route and run 10 psi on a good tune. I know a guy running 12psi on a stock zetec with over 150k miles on it and its holding up.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Focus Power DIY turbo kit will be made for SVT and zetec. I would go that route and run 10 psi on a good tune. I know a guy running 12psi on a stock zetec with over 150k miles on it and its holding up.
what kind of tune? i dont think there are any good tuning shops in my area, so would the xcal2 be good? its pricey tho ($379+$400 base tune). where would you recomend going for a good cost effective tune?

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
1TurboFocus (Tom) here on FF and do a remote tune. Contact him.

·
Sooooooooooo EURO
14,708 Posts
dude, i would love to take this kit off your hands. but its just to rich for my blood!
your not going to be able to get into forced induction for much less than 3500 unless you manage to score some really good deals

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
i know youve added a lot of nice extras, but i couldnt even think of paying more than $3000 shipped
x2 to what klodcrawler said....even if you find a decent kit, either sc or turbo, you have to take into account all the extras you need like, mafia, injectors, gauges, etc. etc. It can get VERY pricey and will exceed your $3000 limit you have set. All that is included in my kit for sale and all you would have to do is get it tuned.

Go to CFM and check their price on the Procharger and see what all it comes with and you will realize it's a VERY good deal for what you would be getting if you were to invest in my kit.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts