Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody help me or recommend me, I want to put turbo in my focus zx3 2005, I don't want to spend a whole lot like over 2000 I want something good but not something that's going to break down on me or blow my engine. Thanks

·
Premium Member
21,256 Posts
Moved to Duratec Performance Chat. Ford Focus Technical Chat is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

thanks for posting.

You're not going to find a good turbo kit for less than $3k. The difference between the good and bad kits is that the good one will actually fit the car, come with a flash tuner, and will work out of the box without further modification.

·
Registered
177 Posts
All of the good turbo kits go for around 4K (Stg 2 anyways) , but if you consider the quality, durability, support, and the power gains you can achieve with them compared to conventional add-ons it's really not that bad of a deal.

Piecing together your own turbo would require lots of fabrication, not to mention that you will need a tune to run any turbo properly regardless of whether it's self made or not. A tune will also require a programmer such as the xcal which is $500 on its own. So when you look at all the time and effort required in a DIY setup, paying 4K from the get go doesn't sound so bad.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Your in Cali, right now, I'd make a road trip to Focuswerk's. That would be a worthy trip!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I live in California about a hour away from focuswerks I'm gonna check it out. Thanks but at the same time I don't feel like spending so much money in my focus if that's the case ill sell it and put a twin turbo in my g35. My focus is my toy I put so much money into it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts