Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put turbo on my stock 2.0, putting just turbo on it, will it hurt my engine not having other components to go with the turbo?

·
Registered
716 Posts
A turbo kit should come with everything u need to make it safe. You may want to get a better clutch though depending on how you drive and a bigger diameter exhaust.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Just putting on a stage 1 or 2 kit won't hurt your motor. You may have to upgrade your clutch if you have one.

·
BEWST AGAIN YAY!!!!!
6,851 Posts
If you stay within safe limits of the engine 11-12psi on stock internals you will be fine. You will need a tune to ensure that the pcm is controlling everything properly. If you get akit it will have everything you need.

·
Rollin' Hard
2,137 Posts
chiodos823, i dont mean to steal you thread but what is the Pcm?...
would zetecs handle it too?... and would it affect the engine on a daily driven?...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the responses, im just startign to get into a new job, so im gonna have extra money to spend on the focus!

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Hold on......

Be very careful when buying a turbo kit because all "kits" are NOT created equal. Pretty much ANY kit from ebay is a waste of time and money.

If you buy a kit get one from a KNOWN Focus vendor.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Hold on......

Be very careful when buying a turbo kit because all "kits" are NOT created equal. Pretty much ANY kit from ebay is a waste of time and money.

If you buy a kit get one from a KNOWN Focus vendor.
+1 to this be careful with used or ebay kits to make sure that they are complete

1 - 8 of 8 Posts