Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PLEASE! there has got to be an alternative to the focus power turbo kit that costs a little less than my car is worth. i mean $5200??? come on now

·
Registered
133 Posts
whats so bad about the Gude kit?... im not saying that it is good... but if anyone has any feedback on it, please let me know!!

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
You do get what you pay for. This subject comes up here all the time.

Just think about this for a moment...
Cheapest turbo kit out there is about 4,000
Tom's kit is 5,200..
Is another 1,200 dollars really that much when you are doing a turbo, there are other alternatives, but several people in the know like the mans kit.

See sig below.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Tom's kit is by far the best and most proven, but it has a large price tag. If you do not want to spend that much and are willing to gamble on unproven kits Precision seems to be the best of the bargain kits.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Okay, I'll agree with that, but only because you have a picture of a haggas eatin' Scottsman under your name ( I'm Scottish)[:D]

·
FF Affiliate
30,871 Posts
You know i hear ALL the time MY KIT IS TO HIGH ,,Look at everything that comes in the kit there isnt another kit out there that HAS and DOES what my kit will do,,

I could take out the tuning (no other kit comes with any) a smaller slower spooling turbo,,smaller not as good intercooler ,,smaller piping ,,no oil pan ,,internal waste gate and sell it for 3995.00 BUT I AINT GONA DO IT

Its like saying i want a Cobra Mustang but i dont want to pay more than what a V6 mustang cost

Tom

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey Tom, thanks for that last comment. I've been so undecided as to what type of forced induction route I want to go. As soon as I have the scratch, I'm buying. Good thing that the Canadian dollar is doing so well now-a-days, eh? I'm giving myself to mid-June to save up. By then hopefully the Canuck buck will be worth more, and I'll save a bit. lol.

Sure the Gude kit looks nice and shiny, but I want performance. [driving]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts