Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Focus Power Kit is by far the best thing going for the zetecs! Its a DIY kit and gives you option or Tom can do you a turnkey kit too! Get a hold of 1turbofocus.

·
Registered
708 Posts
You're right, I was thinking about the SVT kit. It's not ideal for the ZX3 but it's not BAD, it's definitely a viable option.

·
FF Affiliate
31,094 Posts
Ok , Ill bite whats good about it ? I feel both his kits have MAJOR issues and even tryed to help him make the changes needed to make them a better kit and he chose not to, Its why you dont see many of them out there

Tom

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
If you dont get turtle's kit, then make sure you only buy Tom's kit otherwise you will ultimately have to adjust or upgrade something else on it.
Good luck on your purchase, its big decision and an expensive one.
Rich

·
Registered
275 Posts
^^^ got that expensive part right.
Bout to get hit in the a$$ with interest but its worth it imo.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Ok , Ill bite whats good about it ? I feel both his kits have MAJOR issues and even tryed to help him make the changes needed to make them a better kit and he chose not to, Its why you dont see many of them out there

Tom
Out of curiosity, what do you think the major issues are in the xios kit? I would really like to know as the Xios was the kit I am was taking a look at.

How can it be improved, changed for the better?

·
FF Affiliate
31,094 Posts
Turbo rotated so the piping isnt laying against the down pipe , down pipe changed a little to keep things cooler aroung critical things

Internal waste gate

The biggest change would be the internal wastegate (and I dont like internal waste gates at all) arm needs to be longer then all of the other issues fit better running them lower and away from the heat

All of this was told to xios years ago when I first installed one and easly fixed all these issues for about 150.00 but they dont want to fix them and the tune they use has a lot of driveability issues

Tom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts