Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I want to turbo my 04 focus svt. I was wondering about how much the whole thing would cost. Is there only one kit for the svt (top speed kit)? What is included in putting a turbo on? I would need a new clutch as well?
My mechanical knowledge is very limited, so any input would be great.
Thank you, Jordan

·
Super Moderator
9,570 Posts
Moved to "General Forced Induction". Prepare to have your wallet emptied. Forced induction doesn't come cheap if that is what you are hoping for. You can expect to pay more than $4,500 and up depending on what your numbers are.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know it isn't cheap, it will definitely be a later date thing, hopefully in the summer. My goal was 6 grand by summer, do you think that would be enough?

·
Registered
279 Posts
There is no supercharger or turbo kit you can buy used or new that will be 100% complete. Your going to have to have some knowledge or research for either unless you did a procharger kit which is like 4K$+ i think.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
FSWerks has a kit for the zetec that could be adapted & tuned for the SVT, you'd be best with a tuner like Tom for tuning it IMHO.

Not as robust a setup as the kit Tom sells, in durability or potential for more power as desired.

Tom can hook you up with a basic kit & suggestions for the parts needed to complete it to the power level/price desired.

One big limiting factor is stock engine or "built" for the turbo application. Plenty of power avail. stock, but there is a limit.

Other items to consider to take advantage of a turbo are improved clutch when stock wears out or earlier, and a limited slip Diff. to put the power to the ground better.

Read up in here a bit for info. on what others have done, it'll give you plenty of ideas.

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
several people make kits for the svt. fswerks, focus power, turbo turtle, top speed, and massive and cfm might still have some or make them from time to time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have been looking around for a kit for the svt and I can't find one anywhere. Could you send me a link of the ones that you know of?

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
Svt and zetec are the same except a small change to cold side ic piping. Mine and Tom's kits will fit both

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
this is the man with the most badass zetec/svt kit currently imo. speak with the man

1 - 11 of 11 Posts