Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Cheap and F/I don't really go together, man. You should do it right. Do do that you're need to to drop some paper. Check out FSWerks ZETEC kit or PM Tom about his DIY kit. Check out the BST thread. Sometimes there are some good deals on there. I'd at least set aside about 2 1/2K.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would consider 2.5k cheap just most of the focus specific kits that I found are running near 4k

·
TURBO ZX3
8,746 Posts
I'm 3400 in for my kit and needs still upgraded internals

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
No way to cheap on forced induction really. Build it right the first time and you'll save yourself headache and money later.

As stated before, get with the pros around here...FSwerks, Top Speed, Tom (Focus Power)...and discuss your goals for the car. Don't be afraid of the buy/sell section. I bought the main parts of my turbo kit from there. Do your research, piece together slowly and then enjoy the results in the end.

If your looking for an quick, easy way to get a little bump in power, and have a zetec, a supercharger may be a better fit. Also, check the buy/sell section for deals.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Find a guy that is selling a full kit that is being removed. Depending on the miles on the kit the price my be negotiable.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I turbo'd My focus for right about 2k. Topspeed Manifold and down pipe, Toms comp turbo, CxRacing intercooler+piping, pos blow off valve, Turbonetics wastegate (used), Mafia (used), BAP (used). Car made 364 wheel on Toms dyno. You could turn down the boost and it would be perfectly safe for a stock block.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I was talking 2.5K to get started unless he wants a full kit. I think Grove dropped about that in his kit including tuning.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
2.5k is what I have planned just for my trans alone. Or is that not considered in these prices?
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Why would a transmission be part of the cost for a TURBO KIT? That'd be like saying a built motor is also required. On moderate boost, *neither* is required.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
No need to jump down my back it was just a question. I may have gotten build and kit confused on my phone.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Well what's your definition of "build"? I think many would agree that kit and build are kinda the same thing. Do you mean clutch, motor, full 3" exhaust (since only a downpipe comes with a "kit"), stuff like that?

·
Registered
280 Posts
I turbo'd My focus for right about 2k. Topspeed Manifold and down pipe, Toms comp turbo, CxRacing intercooler+piping, pos blow off valve, Turbonetics wastegate (used), Mafia (used), BAP (used). Car made 364 wheel on Toms dyno. You could turn down the boost and it would be perfectly safe for a stock block.
You are full of crap. 750 for the manifold 250 for the down pipe 750 for the turbo 379 for a programmer plus the cost of a custom tune thats already well over 2k and you still have the mafia wastegate chagepipes and intercooler plus lines fittings clamps and couplers. That crap will nickel and dime you to death. Just because you bought the stuff along time ago doesnt mean it was free.

·
Registered
975 Posts
The only thing i had previously was the custom tom tune. My bad. But everything els totaled to about 2k. I have it ALL writen down.

·
Registered
975 Posts
You have to know how to shop around and find deals. They are ALWAYS out there. Depends on how much patience you have.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Please disreguard the chicken scratch hand writing.

Clutch and LSD are obviously not a part of a turbo 'Kit'.
This is every last thing i bought including couplers, oil feed and return lines, fittings, piping. EVERYTHING i need to make my car have positive pressure.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts