Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, A while back I set out to prove that OEM parts from the Mazdaspeed3 will fit on the Focus. And guess what? They do! I have a complete kit here, but the turbo is fubar (121k junkyard turbo. BNR makes a bolt in replacement for $900 or you can gamble on another used OEM turbo)

I should note this is only tested to fit 2005-2007 cars. it WON'T fit cars that were swapped to a duratec. Unsure about firewall clearance on the 2008-2011 cars.

Here's what comes with the set up:

K04 Mazdaspeed3 turbocharger
MAMBA adjustable wastegate actuator with 5,8,10,14,18, and 22psi springs
OEM Mazdaspeed3 exhaust manifold
HKS BOV (real HKS, none of that eBay imitation crap)
Generic black FMIC
3" MAF housing so you can use the stock MAF
All the couplers piping etc. Some of this stuff is kinda rough, but it works great.
3" Mazdaspeed3 downpipe (catless) that has been shortened to work with the Focus

Basically I'm including everything you need to bolt this thing on and go, but you WILL need to replace the turbo. You'll need to be able to do some fabrication to get an oil return fitting in your oil pan and to vent the valve cover and PCV to atmosphere (or catch can)

You can view the build thread here: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/ford-focus-builds-general-showroom/639034-mazdaspeed-conversion-focus.html

More pics on request. You can PM me on here, but email will get a faster response.

I'm asking $700 plus paypal fees. You pay the shipping OR local pick up.

Email: [email protected]

Thanks for looking! [cheers]

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what kind of hp did the s3 setup put out?
I never got it to a dyno, but it felt around 160whp through an auto at 5 psi. It pulls WAAAYYYY better from low rpms. [:)]

I figure this setup should make just a tad over 200whp on 10 psi. [cheers]

This setup has a turbo that is comparable to the GT2560rs. The upgrade that BNR makes (that you should get anyway, because the turbo I have is shot.) is comparable to a gt2860. Maybe even a gt2871. [cheers]

·
Registered
104 Posts
Why did you go with an aftermarket BOV? did you find the stock one insufficient? Is this still available?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts