Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They dont have an ST in a sedan Brotha!![bash]

·
Registered
739 Posts
They dont have an ST in a sedan Brotha!![bash]
Well there ya go. You can be the first one to create an ST sedan. Now get to work.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Come on FSWerks get us the Kit lol

·
Registered
758 Posts
Oh ya... didn't realize he had a sedan... lmao... I vote cheap ebay kit that included bov and piping for under $200....no tune... I'm sure it will be covered under warranty still..lmao.....I'm joking!!!! Because You never know lol

·
Registered
758 Posts
You could start getting parts before the kits are made... work on a fuel management system since they are pricey.. piggy backs are much cheaper and work well imo...you could get a wide band a/f.. that you could use now to really know how the car is running.. I think all boosted cars should have 1. Again my opinion. Oil sandwichplate. Their cheap, or some other setup for oil and coolant feed and return lines. Sandwichplate is the easiest way run oil lines. Coolant lines probably off a wrecked st.. their is alot more to it then just a turbo..does anyone make an aftermarket turbo manifold for the mk3??

·
Registered
5,902 Posts
to do this you really want to do it with the cost and time involved and surprisingly 3 years in there's no turbo kit available. There simply must not be a big enough overall demand when the ST really is a cheap proposition for warrantied horsepower plus the ST does have a healthy aftermarket for those who want to throw the warranty out the window.

·
Registered
758 Posts
And with the arrival of the rs, I don't know if they'll make a st sedan anytime soon... go forth, be a pioneer, drain the Ole bank account. Get er done!!! Lol

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
Come on FSWerks get us the Kit lol
When I talked to fswerks about this, they stated that they had a hard time just getting a car in there for a tune with an intake and exhaust. And because the interest was so low that they didn't see value in building a kit. Granted this was a year ago when I still had my mk3 hatch.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lol I can only do so much.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well that is some crappy news lol

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Even if we ask for a kit every damn week on this forum ... not gonna happen...

[:(]

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
I've always been curious as to how the DCT would handle turbo horsepower. May not take to it very well, programming or durability-wise.
Don't think so ... otherwise they would be selling DCT on ST's

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There are many automatics that have turbo though. We never know. Maybe 2014 and above are better.

·
Registered
952 Posts
DCT type transmissions have been around since the early 80's (Porsche 956/962) and I'm positive plenty of them have had turbos on them. Those original 300km/h+ Porsches for sure to begin with. Also, from working at a race circuit I've learned there are plenty of modern high performance vehicles with DCT type setups, Ferraris, Porsches, Audis, Mercs etc. They seem fine.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts