Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day i saw a guy who had ran a turbo into a supercharger. It was a bigger motor but it still raised the question, I wonder if you could run a turbo into a super charger on a SVT. My Svt has a jackson racing supercharger and other mods. I just want to know if its possible or if anyone has done it.

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Its been done.

You'd be better off with a good turbo kit. There's no sense wasting the money on both.

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Double post. Stupid server.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Fail. U will build up too much heat and blow the motor. If u want a turbo talk to topspeed,FSWERKS and turbotom. If drag racers aren't doing It than it its not going to work

·
Registered
152 Posts
It can be done of course. Guys do this to the 03/04 cobras some times. You would have to have a good tuner and definately have to be dyno tuned but like others have said, just not a smart thing to try. I'd take the jackson off and just go turbo if your looking for more power.

·
Registered
221 Posts
One Word: KILLER 'B'!!!

Ok, so that's one word and a letter...

"The Lancia Delta S4 took full advantage of the Group B regulations, and featured a midship-mounted engine and all wheel drive for superior traction and handling. The car's 1759 cc four cylinder engine combined supercharging and turbocharging to reduce turbo lag at low RPM. Officially the car produced 480 horsepower (352 kW) [cough~cough... nudgenudge-winkwink heehee]. Independent figures show the S4 could accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) on gravel in under 2.3 seconds."

I saw these guys at the '86 Olympus Rally - http://www.autoevolution.com/news/group-b-rally-cars-the-killer-b-s-2724.html

"All told, in 1986 there were 3 wins for the Delta S4 (Sanremo not included). The Monte Carlo Rally by Toivonen, Rally Argentina by Massimo Biasion and the Olympus Rally by Alén."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lancia_Delta_S4

I stood three feet from Markku Alén downtown Tacoma, WA and with 4 FAT SLICKS he flat disappeared in a blink 1/4 block then right around the corner. Friggin amazing -

So yeah, it can be done...

-TommyToohi

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Topspeed,FSWERKS and turbotom have built foci with 400+whp with just a turbo the jrsc will be a clogged artery for the turbo setup. And technology has helped lessen the turbo lag on todays turbos so no need to supercharge on the low end.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts