Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive decided I want to turbo my 2010 focus but I don't have 3500$ to dump into the FSWerks turbo kit... Are there any other options? My friend said he'd sell me his turbo from his Genesis coupe for a couple hundred, but would I be good with an ebay intercooler kit? I mean id only want to be peaking 9lbs of boost for now...please let me know! Thank you

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved this to the Forced Induction section for you, there's a LOT to figure out if you plan on doing a custom setup from oddball parts & actually have it work.

Used system/parts from other members here is the cheapest way to go for a start, over time you'll prob. spend more than for that kit. That kit is the cheapest way to get into a turbo setup with new parts that's functional.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
It's possible to make custom kits, and a few of us have done it successfully, but not without significant effort and much rework. If you don't have even minor fabrication skills then paying other people to do that work will quickly add up.
Unless you're financially able to write off this vehicle as a project car and be willing to sacrifice a motor or two, then save your money.

Going by your first comment of "I don't have $3,500", I highly recommend not attempting a turbo kit for your vehicle.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
sometimes by going custom dude you'll see yourself spending more money in the long run.

problem with ebay parts is they make universal kits even if they promote it as a "kit" for your car.. youll have fitment issues..

plus youll still need more then just the intercooler piping.. specifically oil lines and such..

then tuning +device is going to set you back around 5-800 bucks..

of course 9lbs of boost is only relative to the turbo itself.. one turbo 9lbs could be totally different then another persons turbo..

manifold would have to be custom as well..

you may be able to piece it with parts found around this site for cheaper.. i just dont recommend ebay kits

good luck man

1 - 7 of 7 Posts