Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been reading on here that if you're putting a turbo in you might as well not replace the headers. Just curious the reasoning behind this, and anyone knows any compatible replacement performance headers/manifold. Thanks

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Been reading on here that if you're putting a turbo in you might as well not replace the headers. Just curious the reasoning behind this, and anyone knows any compatible replacement performance headers/manifold. Thanks
If your installing a turbo, don't waste your $ on a header. If you want a tuned style turbo manifold/header check out what avalible for a speed3. Are you doing turbo or n/a?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want to put one in but later on down the road. I was just curious of why not getting headers.

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
I want to put one in but later on down the road. I was just curious of why not getting headers.
Generally speaking, Headers for your model year are long and reach all the way down to below the firewall. A turbo header is usually compact and ends in a t3/t4 outlet for a turbo to mount too.

If you bought a header now, then upgraded to a turbo later, you would have to:

a. sell the header and buy something else.

b. heavily modify the header to work.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Realisticy you have to figure out if your going turbo or staying n/a. If going turbo, why buy a header? If going n/a, get a header, cams, t/b & tune for n/a. What kind of suspension mods do you have?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Stock, for now. Coilovers probably in January.
If your going w/ a turbo down the road= leave the motor stock & work on your suspension mods. Really no point on buying n/a parts just to sell them later when you add a turbo. If you want to get coilover's= get good ones, don't go cheap. A pair of sway bars, a dogbone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the advice, definitely going to be putting in work on the suspension this next couple months.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts