Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an idea of what kind of hit FI has on gas mileage? I'm thinking 8-10 lbs and I'm wondering how thats going to affect my gas bill since this is my daily driver.

·
Registered
666 Posts
For Turbo, Im actually better on the highway in 6th. I went 180 miles and didnt even reach the halfway mark on the guage. That was with a lot of playing around the entire trip. Around town, I get to about 180-190 miles out of a tank - again, new to boost so thats a lot of playing around also.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats about what I get now on the highway. It'd be really hard to resist the urge to play around some though but maybe i could keep it under control. Do you have any actual mileage numbers?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
..for me using #60 injectors , city 20--highway/ on which I never drive slower than 70 mostly above..... about 25mpg... BUT my foot is always spazmotically hitting the floor....

Edit---- At this performance level mpg is not a priority to me...

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
It takes fuel to make power, but obviously if you stay out of the boost it will be about normal. Sometimes a good tune can even get better milage off boost than stock.Most aftermarket turbo 4 cyl. I know of get mid 20's under regular use.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I average around 23mpg in combined highway/city/ and running the piss out of it styles of driving.

Mine is also a daily driver......

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
...out of boost...???[:(] It's usually not in boost backing out out the garage, that's about it...

·
Registered
666 Posts
LOL, me neither....I'm usually tearing ass somewhere going nowhere.

I almost got nailed last night though...I was hauling along, and had to turn right at an intersection (merge style, not a wait at light then 90* turn) and I was in the left, I hauled ass around a car then zipped by a cop. I promptly drove home. Scared.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
finalley said:
...out of boost...???[:(] It's usually not in boost backing out out the garage, that's about it...
You forget I have a 5 minute drive to work..... not much boostin time there[:p]

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
...John, I'm 8-10 mins... one of the routes allows me to take I-71 for a few miles...[:D]

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have a very fast 12 minute ride to work. Then people say "You get to work in 12 Minutes!?" It takes at least 5-7 to get to the main road from my neighborhood. Then I think its 10 or so miles up a 55 stretch, than another mile or so up another 55 mph stretch...

Mapquest says 19 minutes - 11.1 miles

Heh.

·
Registered
61 Posts
last year i was getting 380miles a tank, after boosting i get 260miles a tank not as bad i i thought it was going to be. haha

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
...You don't even HAVE to get into boost at all...Watch your gauge and take it easy...
....RIGHT...

·
Registered
91 Posts
25/city 32/Highway

I'm boosting @ 15psi running 93oct Stock ZX3 Motor with Stock Clutch.

Like finalley said watch the boost and just don't punch it down like when you were N/A... Now if you do full boost all the time then of course you are not going to do good gas milage on the car. You will know when to let go and when not too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts