Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please spare me from the roasting I know its debated if it will hurt the turbo or not.

I have a 2013 Ford Focus ST and I want to make the turbo flutter I already deleted the stock diverter valve and put a block off plate on. Hoping to create flutter that did nothing besides make the turbo a tiny louder if anything. What’s the best thing I can do to make it flutter or surge.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Why do you want to do this? Is this helping or hurting performance is the first question i ask my self with any mod.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
A massive turbo to big for the motor, changing out the size & length of your piping in t/b & intake, delete the bov.....Turbo's are our friend's so why hurt them???

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
I'll add a vote to NOT doing it - OK for $500 Beater you want to have fun with until it dies and gets Junked.

·
Registered
500 Posts
turbo flutter is doable if you got the right diverter valve but its really not a good thing to do its like shoving a stick in your turbo to slow it down from 130,000 rpms ,but look up GFB on you tube , he has a small vid on doing it but does not recommend it
Q: why would you delete your dv ???? [screwy]

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,624 Posts
The flutter is essentially your turbo stalling. This happens because when the throttle body closes the air has nowhere to go. A diverter/bov discharges that air before it can go back into the turbo damaging the bearings, shaft, ect. When the air goes back into the turbo it's trying to spin it in the wrong direction.

Sent from another galaxy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts