Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Turbo Failure?

334 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  AdhesiveTeflon
Hi all,
My wife’s 1.0 started acting up recently, it was slow to accelerate and would occasionally push an “Engine Fault” alert with no codes. After some reading I went and did the vacuum pump diaphragm fix. That seemed to do the trick for a while, car was back to normal. Then yesterday the light reappeared and this time under heavy acceleration it’s making a “whooping” noise- sort of like there’s a spooky ghost under the hood. It’s not pushing any check engine lights or fault alerts, no codes either except for a Turbo Underboost code that’s ‘pending’. Anyone have this happen before? Turbo failure or maybe something else?
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
641 Posts
Hi all,
My wife’s 1.0 started acting up recently, it was slow to accelerate and would occasionally push an “Engine Fault” alert with no codes. After some reading I went and did the vacuum pump diaphragm fix. That seemed to do the trick for a while, car was back to normal. Then yesterday the light reappeared and this time under heavy acceleration it’s making a “whooping” noise- sort of like there’s a spooky ghost under the hood. It’s not pushing any check engine lights or fault alerts, no codes either except for a Turbo Underboost code that’s ‘pending’. Anyone have this happen before? Turbo failure or maybe something else?
Late reply but if you're still following, you have a boost leak. Check all the pipes and couplers from your intake to the turbo, including the intercooler pipes. Alternatively, you can also get a boost leak/smoke test done if you cannot find the leak.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts