Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know why the cost difference's in F/W's Dura-tech & Zetec Turbo kit's? $3995. +100 for shipping vs $3295. +73.00 shipping. Does the Dura-tech need more, or does the Dura-tech need more time to setup= more hour's vs the the Zetec? If I figure about $4600.00 for everthing I need to add one of their Stage2 kit's, that's almost a 1/3 of what I paid for the car when new, wow!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
i think the dtecs are harder to tune. The ztec has been out longer and much easier to tune. not sure if that is the only reason for the cost difference

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
The ZETEC kit has less pieces. There is no exhaust manifold like in the DURATEC kit. The turbo on the ZETEC kit bolts up to the stock exhaust manifold.

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
Its all about sales/money , more will buy the duratec because more will be modding the duratec now and there are more Zetec kit company out there now

Tuning is about the same

Tom

·
Registered
209 Posts
It's all about supply and demand

·
Registered
473 Posts
Anyone know why the cost difference's in F/W's Dura-tech & Zetec Turbo kit's? $3995. +100 for shipping vs $3295. +73.00 shipping. Does the Dura-tech need more, or does the Dura-tech need more time to setup= more hour's vs the the Zetec? If I figure about $4600.00 for everthing I need to add one of their Stage2 kit's, that's almost a 1/3 of what I paid for the car when new, wow!
FS's zetec turbo kit doesn't include a manifold.

we also sell a turbo kit for the duratec

http://topspeedperformance.net/store/#ecwid:category=610102&mode=product&product=2269413

we can also build you a turbo kit for a duratec with a cast manifold for about $3300 complete with tuning

1 - 6 of 6 Posts