Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a garrett t25 and it runs oil and coolant. i was wondering if i can just run oil through it or would i really NEED to have the coolant aswell or does it just help?

·
Uber sexy euro time
2,827 Posts
I talked to Tom at his meet about that. He said you don't have to run the coolant line. It's just there to help cool the turbo. It's basically up to you.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'm in the same boat except I have a 14b. I'm running mine right now without the coolant lines, and so far it's working just fine. I am concerned though because doing so will probably grenade the thing eventually, but my turbo's pretty old to begin with so I figure it'd just be a matter of time anyway.

·
Registered
789 Posts
you don't HAVE to but i would highly recommend it. your turbo is going to be a lot hotter which means that your charge air will be a little hotter resulting in higher IATs. the hotter the air going into the intercooler the hotter it will be when it comes out. do you really want to hurt your performance that you have already worked/paid so much for just so you don't have to go through the hassle or spend a few more bucks to do it. granted it won't help dramatically but every little bit helps. plus the turbo won't last as long as it is supposed to.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
^^^ I agree, I would use it... plus it lets the turbo cool long after the engine is turned off as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts