Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when you go fi what i've read is that you want a lower compression ratio to be able to produce more boost. why is this important to make the most power? also, what does bore have to do with the size of the piston, and does that play any role in fi?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
because with the stock compression adding boost will result in way too much pressure for the cylinders. so by adding lower compression pistons you are able to to utilize more boost levels than normal. i believe you can get pistons in various compression ratios with standard bore sizes so that doesn't matter unless you are boring out you cylinders. correct me someone if im wrong

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Well.... you can add ALOT of boost into the motor with the stock pistons and compression ratio.

Its mainly used f or a safety factor. Lower compression means less heat generagted.

I run 19psi everyday with the stock 10.25:1 compression.

·
Registered
305 Posts
How many boosted miles do you have on your car Orange?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Ive been running 10psi daily on mine for over 20K miles.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Damage said:
How many boosted miles do you have on your car Orange?
Around 10k.... and I've enjoyed everyone.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how realistic is it to be able to have a boosted daily driver? in terms of reliability

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
imprtslyr0223 said:
how realistic is it to be able to have a boosted daily driver? in terms of reliability
Like i said, 20K miles, the supercharger hasnt caused a single problem ive had since it was installed. I cant speak for the turbo guys but i know focus power makes some damn nice kits.

·
Registered
696 Posts
imprtslyr0223 said:

Why wouldn't they be reliable? I mean factory tuned turbos roll out that way and are fine for as long as they're maintained.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what are some other mods that complement a turbo? i have the roush in mind, and i was thinking a trubenz 3 inch exhaust, 3 inch r/t high flow cat & flex, ffrp p&p head, low comp pistons, rods, turbo grind cams from mcnews, and cam gears. are there any other engine mods that would be crucial to making power. oh yeah and obviously a differential to get everything to the ground.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah definitely couldn't go without either of those. any turbo gurus know what kind of numbers could be made with the setup i listed^^^

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
With the low pistons and rods, a good tuner....you can get 300's easily

·
Registered
57 Posts
what do you think the limit for SVT internals in a Zetec with a CR of 8.9:1, that is what I will be at when i'm done with the swap. I'm probably going to run 15psi daily maybe going up to around 18psi (then i'm going to have to start looking into a new turbo)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts