Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I got my internet back thank God! lol... anyway, now that im back up to speed I have a Airesearch M10 turbo (i think it may be a Garrett T3, not sure though) and I'm ready to start getting all the necessary components and parts but I'm not really sure what all the get. All I have done to my ZX3 is headers, exhaust, and CAI... I know theres a lot involved and just was wondering if anyone could kind of give me a guide line on the project. My goal is to reach at least 300HP so i imagine i'll be rebuilding a motor (which I have an extra 2.0 litre Zetec motor im going to build for the turbo). I just kind of need a guide line on what to do first and such...thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
DO a lot of reading and searching on some other build threads. Hope you have a few bucks laying around!

Obvioulsy with your motor you will need forged rods and pistons, I would also do some billet main caps like FOcus Power sells.

Turbo....manifold, downpipe, charge piping, intercooler, BOV, wastegate, maf tube, ....

Other engine stuff.....injectors, copper core plugs gapped to .030, misc oil lines and fittings....

Oh and a good tune!

I am sure i Missed a few things but that will get you started!

·
FF Affiliate
31,146 Posts
I have a very nice DIY kit that will save you a lot of time and trouble that has the manifold , all piping , both down pipes , intercooler , 1495.00

Tom

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
I have to agree with Tom, with his kit you will save a lot of aggravation, time and money!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would agree toms DIY kit is prob the best way to go. Start pricing everything up that he's got in the kit, it will total more then the kit lol.

·
coooookie monster
7,570 Posts
i got the piping for 300 off here about 2 months ago except for the down pipes, keep an eye out for good deals in the BST

1 - 6 of 6 Posts