Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how can i tune my focus without having to take it to someone is there a way to do that and what do i need to do[scratch]

·
Proudly Daily Driven
2,255 Posts
what r u trying to avoid doing?

if you want a basic tune, buy a Xcal with a tune you specify, a vendor that provides this is FocusSport

for bigger mods you need more intrusive tuning which would entail
remote tuning but u need a flasher/programmer anyway then you need to datalogg your runs and send them so they can fine tune it....

even if you go to a local dynotuner you need an programmer such as the xcal

·
Registered
150 Posts
I was wondering about this process too, is there a How To.. on tunning, i have exhaust, intake and soon header... so what would i need to do for a tune?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Buy an xcal2, get a 91 or 93 octane (whatever gas u have there) tune, rear 02 disable and probably egr disable tune as well...

·
Proudly Daily Driven
2,255 Posts
I was wondering about this process too, is there a How To.. on tunning, i have exhaust, intake and soon header... so what would i need to do for a tune?
go to FocusSport.com

go to ECU

add the appropriate xcal to ur cart

pick the correct computer code...(located in ur pass door jam....or on ur actual computer behind ur glove box)

then select the options you want like he said ^^ then mention ur modifications in the additional info box

enter ur digits of death and pay

and soon enough ull have a tune specifed for you and all you have to do at this point is plug it in....install tune....abuse at will [burnout]

(im just using FS as an example there are others)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts