1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im thinking of getting a tune from tom
i drive a manual 2007 zx3
i have a Cold Air Intake , MBRP 2.25 Exhuast, I will get the CFM TB

so will a tune help all of this and add some ponies ?

·
Registered
596 Posts
no question about it... it will literally bring those bolt-on's to life. Maximize their potential to the fullest.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Yea you can have a stock motor and a tune will help. Plus when you do get more mods, all you have to do is e-mail Tom, and he will send you a new tune for free. Do it!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ooo also if i use a tune im really considering getting nitrous whats a good shot that safe for a basiclly stock focus only cold air intake and exhuast and what system

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
75 with a stock bottom end got a duratec member a chipped valve

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so hon hon whats completly safe

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
none at all.

but if you must, i would personally chose a 50shot from zex... zex comes with a controller that monitors a/f ratio and adjusts the shot according to the real time a/f ratio.

so if your running lean, the shot wont be as large, but then again, you dont have to drag your swiss cheese motor home.

·
Registered
596 Posts
turning into FI forum..LOL

Nitrous done right...there is a giant write up on the nitrous systems and all the equipments, safety precautions and the proper everythings can be found under the Forced Induction part of the forum... read it yesterday to see what I could do concerning Nitrous...curious mind you, not going to do it...

CHRIS is it true a 75 shot is too much for our 2.3L Dtech??? Is that really true??? Thats sounds like the bottom of the 2.3dtech is a weak piece of work.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
focus_n20 or something like that, cant remember his name, he has a n20 saleen focus and lives in orlando, and chipped a valve running 75 at the strip

·
Registered
596 Posts
geez... when I first got my ST the first thing the guy at EXTREME Auto Accessories was going to try and get me to do - put Nitrous on my car and said a good 75-100 shot would be perfect. Glad I didn't listen

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
its cuz its a search result. probly expired. hes just saying that searching that word will bring up a ton.

·
Registered
119 Posts
not to hijack, but i didnt want to create a new thread and i did try to search...

differences between the SCT and Diablo flashers? is one more widely used/better?

also, are all of the SCT usable with the focus, i saw a mustang had a SCT X3 and the one ive mostly seen was the SCT Xcal2.

·
FF Affiliate
31,175 Posts
The Diablo is only used on the SVT Focus you will need SCT , I have the XCAL3 for 379.00 and comes with my custom tune and free updates as long as you stay NA

Tom

·
Registered
119 Posts
how much for just a tune and if i get a tune from you does it come with updates? also what about getting one for mileage, power, and added upgrades? i found one on a mustang forum thats why i was wondering about the xcal3... you do the xcal2 though also right? thanks.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
XCal3 is just the new version of the XCal2, so yes. The 3 just has a few more features.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts