Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Why not get an over-the-counter flasher...probably cheaper than a custom tune, and be just as good (so long as your not heavily moddified!).

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
FocusSport is located in Anaheim, CA. get a tune from them the Focus tuning leaders

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know someone that is willing to sell me their unlocked diablo predator for $200, should I opt for that instead of a custome tune? What would be the benefit of a custom tune as opposed to the predator? I have a drop in k&n, E3 spark plugs and a magnaflow muffler no resonator. I appreciate your replies and apologize for my ignorance as I am pretty new lol

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
diablosports preloaded tune is better than stock but imo could not hold a candle to the tune i got from tom at focus-power. however with your proximity to focus sport, makes sense for you to go thru them. they use sct xcal devices

·
Registered
342 Posts
i have 2 of toms custome tunes.iwould not get anything else

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
^^^HAHA. Yeah Not For zetec motors anyway. Are are good for the Durtec motors.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Why not get an over-the-counter flasher...probably cheaper than a custom tune, and be just as good (so long as your not heavily moddified!).
Having used both, I can tell you. Over the counter tunes are not nearly as good as a custom tune. No matter how much you have done.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Go with a custom tune from Tom, aka Focus Power, aka 1turbofocus. Before I went FI I got a tune from him for my Screamin Yellow SVT and let me say it was amazing. It was like a whole other car!

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Tom is quite the tuner. He has tuned my car, and I will continue to have him tune my car.

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Toms tune is great, my car opened up a ton and he was a big help with difficulty installing it (it was the Predator's fault not his). Another reason is he does free upgrades as long as you stay NA. I'm definitely going to be utilizing this since I may be going to a dyno soon

·
Registered
806 Posts
I'm about to install my new tb, cai, udp, and hopefully a magnaflow catback as well, so I'll be hitting Tom up for a new tune soon, why go anywhere else?

·
Registered
930 Posts
So Tom's OTC tune is the one to have?
Hmmm...X-mas is coming! "Oh honey, sweetie, dearie!!!"

·
Registered
806 Posts
lol, awesome

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
How does Tom usually load the tune? Can he do it in person with a reflash? Does he sell or prefer to use Diabio or SCt?
Diablo and SCT are reflash tuners.

you purchase one of those when you tune through Tom, or already have your own.

Talk to Tom for details, not sure if he sells them still.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Well sure, but the added expensive of dyno runs, shop time, etc...
Depends, I had mine street tuned so I didn't pay any shop fees or dyno time. Only downside is you obviously don't get any hp/tq figures or print outs but my car runs great, A/F is spot on and I payed $200, granted I already had an X-cal 1.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts