Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tuning process is coming along nicely. Tom's has dealt with my idiocy extremely well. For those of you using non-AEM widebands and even some with AEM's, be prepared to do some mathematical calculations in order to get your gauge to match with the datalogger. Even using the settings menu my AEM wasn't reading what the datalogger was and I had to manually set the equation through some trial and error to get it to match up. Good times. All that college math actually paid off for a change. Be patient and listen to Tom. He knows what he is doing.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had a small hiccup with mine where it was only reading the true voltage and not the modulated voltage that gives you the afr reading. Had to rewire the gauge myself. Took about 2 hours to troubleshoot and get it set to the right equation.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
When i was using the LC1 from inovate i just put my analog display up on the computer dashboard and kept adjusting the calculations till they both matched.

Does that make sence?

When the wideband is hooked up the AF will show its true reading on the wideband display. The conversion is from the output of the wideband to the interface on the SCT

Its easy with the AEM because its got a few set as defaults where the equation is already set.

commands>Analog equations

It depends on wich wire you use from the firewire cord wich analog channel its on. I think mine is channel 2

·
Registered
2 Posts
The tuning process is coming along nicely. Tom's has dealt with my idiocy extremely well. For those of you using non-AEM widebands and even some with AEM's, be prepared to do some mathematical calculations in order to get your gauge to match with the datalogger. Even using the settings menu my AEM wasn't reading what the datalogger was and I had to manually set the equation through some trial and error to get it to match up. Good times. All that college math actually paid off for a change. Be patient and listen to Tom. He knows what he is doing.
How do u get ahold of him im new here an need a tune

·
Registered
266 Posts
His name on here is 1turbofocus and his website is focus-power.com where you will be able to find all of his contact information.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts