Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So My car just clocked 110,000 miles on it still runs w. no problems, although I've noticed she has started to get kinda lazy on the highway and just doesn't have the pep it had when I bought it. So I think I'm gonna do a overhaul and tune up the Ol' girl.
I have a list so far of what I think I should change, but please feel free to add any others.

NOW:
Oil
Tranny Fluid
Coolant
New Plugs
New Wires
MSD Coil (?)

Soon:
New front hub assembly (hub, bearings)
New rotors
Pads

Eventually:
Catback
Header
02 sensors
and finally an intake.

Anything else you guys can think of?

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Depending upon how you plan to do the tranny fluid, I would be sure to drop the pan and replace the filter as well. This traditional method only replaces about 40% of the fluid, so if you wanted to really, really do it right, I would use cheap transmission fluid and then have a shop with a "100%" machine replace the fluid immediately after. This might be a bit of overkill and cost a bit (most of those 100% change places charge $80-$130 to recover the cost of the machine), but 100,000 is quite a bit on an automatic tranny and it might be worth the extra expense.

It's probably also wise to consider replacing the coolant hoses when you replace the coolant with that much time and miles on it.

And check the various and plentiful vacuum and other hoses under the hood. They often harden and get brittle and leaky after a few years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts