Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am from Croatia, Europe....I am driving an 1.8 16v Duratec Focus 2008, with 125ps.....

I readed somewhere that my 1.8, 2.0 and 2.3 have the same heads...Does that mean that i can put some parts that were made for 2.3 engine into my 1.8...

I wanted to put cosworth intake manifold and cosworth throttle body, but here is the problem....
These are 2 different cosworth manifolds, which one is one that I need to take?

Cosworth Intake Manifold Duratec HE/ ST
http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/popup_image.php?pID=562

Duratec Inlet Manifold - 2.3l (KK3240)
http://www.cosworth.com/shop_item.php?productid=72

I also have an issue about throttle bodies...First I founded this one
60mm Throttle Body Duratec HE/ ST
http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/popup_image.php?pID=881

As it looks, it replaces completly whole stock TB (including new harness & Throttle position sensor), but then I found another one from cosworth
67mm Throttle Body Duratec (YD8066)
http://www.cosworth.com/shop_item.php?productid=75

And as it looks like, it seems that the one from cosworth is mechanical TB, without electronic, throttle by cable, like on older cars...Is that true? if I take cosworth TB would I need to do transformation to non electric TB?

And one more thing...I would like to know how many sensors i have on my exhaust, because, in month or less, i mean to make completly new exhaust, fi60 like Milltek has,from headers to the end, without cat and only a single pipe to rear silencer...And then, when I collect enough money, i would like to buy milltek 4-2-1 headers, so it is also important how many milltek manifold has holes prepared for sensors....

Thanks..The other mods I want to do are: Inlet manifold, Pipercross Viper CAI, Exhaust manifold, exhaust, lighten flywheel, clutch, piper cams, wider TB, underdrive pulley kit, and than an chip which will control all that (I think it will be unichip)...

Thanks, and I hope it doesn't matter that my car is 1.8, and not at least 2.0..
Thanks... one photo

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
Okay first thing I love the body style of your focus. Second can we see pics of your engine? Your going to have to go with the 60mm TB due to the fact I belive you have an electric TB. Both manifolds look the same to me also.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hm..I don't have pics of my engine bay....But the TB looks the sam as first one,except this is 60mm, compared to stoc how many?

What do you think about cossie TB? is it mechanic or it is also electric but without TP sensor & other few parts?

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Not sure about cars over there but I think the throttle body is electric. And there are no throttle bodies made for them yet.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is it better to take 4-2-1 header, or 4-1, and what are pros and cons of each..And what manufacturer to take? If i will take 4-2-1 header i thing it will be milltek

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is a picture of my engine bay....

And if you could tell me if I can fit cossie or cfm 67mm tb instead of this?They don't look similar to me???

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
Wow your came with an engine cover. Thats awsome.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is shit of plastic piece which I don't know how it stands...It is so lully....I think that it is hanging on 2, max 3 plastic braces....It is only for the look, nothing else..And how could I keep an air intake under the hood? look on the components, everythin is mudded with mud hahahaha..Sorry, it is my bad english

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
A throttle body will not fit. Your car uses fly by wire. Which means that instead of a cable from the gas pedal to the throttle body, it is all electrical. So when you press the gas, it goes thru the PCU then to the TB. The currently have none that fit.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
it would be a lot of work to make most parts fit your engine however they should fit (except the TB) with a little mechanical skill. Also finding someone to tune your car's computer may be difficult.

I wonder if Wolf has anything for yours?

·
Registered
854 Posts
is ur dtec an he? if so it is not the same dtec that we have in the states from what i am told it is actually a ztec with dtec badging. you should look into this more

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
I don't think your engine is related to either of our American motors...I think its closest relative is Volvo.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ciclajbek, your engine is the Mazda L8-DE engine, or probably "Duratec 18" if American ford were to give it a name like it has the Mazda 2.0 LF-VE , and the 2.3 L3-VE engines.

Anyway, for the sake of simplicity I'm going to refer to these engines with the original Mazda engine code since the 2.3L, 2.0L and 1.8L Duratec are all Mazda L-engines. Unfortunately, the 2.0L or 2.3L head wont work on your 1.8L. It will bolt up just fine, but the L3 and LF share the same bigger bore size of 87.5mm, while your 1.8L "L8" engine has the same crankshaft as the 2.0L but reduces displacement to 1.8L because the smaller 83mm bore. This means your combustion chamber is smaller on the 1.8L head, and also the valves are smaller to fit inside the 83mm bore. If you have a DBW throttlebody you can upgrade it by installing the 2.0 or 2.3L TB, you can prolly grab it from a Mazda. I doubt the 1.8L comes with the 60mm TB, probably 54mm and personally I'd swap that first if it was smaller. As the L8 engine varient isnt available in North America, I have no hands on experience with it other than shop manual specs. The plus side is that aftermarket intake manifolds/ exhaust manifolds would work fine (i think theyre too expensive and would make my own, but thats just me) and cams can swap over, you can try 2.3L / L3 cams. I havent had a chance to check the specs on the 2.5L cams, but if theyre wilder, you can more than likely slap those in too!

Check out the HP rating on the 1.8L NC MX-5, I believe that is the highest factory tuned version of the L8/Duratec18. Did they give you VVT on the 1.8L??

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Are you sure that 1.8 2.0 and 2.3 don't have same heads?

Because i started to look for an totalized Fiesta ST to take her whole block with carter and complete engine electric harness withe ecu and bolt it to my head...Because I was told that those 3 heads ARE SAME...

And it is not VVT, only 1.6 Ti-VCT from ford has that VCT=VVT

1 - 20 of 27 Posts