Focus Fanatics Forum banner

141 - 160 of 3156 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Ok everyone, I have some data that I can share with everyone. For that matter I even have some dyno graphs. Before I post anything, I'd like to explain the way we are collecting this information. There is a huuuuuuuuge difference in power, depending on the operating temp at the time of the run. Since it is such a variable, I am only going to show what I can prove, and replicate between stock and modified.

1. The graph that I post with only have a .6 degree difference between stock vs modified.
2. All of our runs were made with the hood down
3. Both of these runs were made in the last 24 hrs
4. Our test vehicle still has the 87 octane fuel that the dealer put in i when we took delivery.
5. Our dyno fan in front of the car has a verified wind speed of 60 mph.

I am saying this now so I can be as truthful as I can at all times. Can more power be shown on a graph? Yes! Am I going to promise you something it is not? Heck no! I'd like to cover these points before we go any further.
[:D][:D][:D]

·
Registered
466 Posts
Ok everyone, I have some data that I can share with everyone. For that matter I even have some dyno graphs. Before I post anything, I'd like to explain the way we are collecting this information. There is a huuuuuuuuge difference in power, depending on the operating temp at the time of the run. Since it is such a variable, I am only going to show what I can prove, and replicate between stock and modified.

1. The graph that I post with only have a .6 degree difference between stock vs modified.
2. All of our runs were made with the hood down
3. Both of these runs were made in the last 24 hrs
4. Our test vehicle still has the 87 octane fuel that the dealer put in i when we took delivery.
5. Our dyno fan in front of the car has a verified wind speed of 60 mph.

I am saying this now so I can be as truthful as I can at all times. Can more power be shown on a graph? Yes! Am I going to promise you something it is not? Heck no! I'd like to cover these points before we go any further.
[:D][:D][:D]
You're such a tease! Let's see those dynos!

If these are stock for now, I'd love to see what it can do with an exhaust and cai (say fswerks and steeda or something comparable as the cai and exhausts are pretty undifferentiated).

I don't mean this to come off rude, I'm pretty excited about it. Depending on the price and results with cai and exhaust I'll be picking one up this summer/at release.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
You're such a tease! Let's see those dynos!

If these are stock for now, I'd love to see what it can do with an exhaust and cai (say fswerks and steeda or something comparable as the cai and exhausts are pretty undifferentiated).

I don't mean this to come off rude, I'm pretty excited about it. Depending on the price and results with cai and exhaust I'll be picking one up this summer/at release.
Those things are in the works, and Will be coming along soon. After we run the 87 octane out, we will be beginning the 93 octane calibrations. This our point of beginning, and as we move forward the numbers will grow.[popcorn]

·
Registered
466 Posts
Those things are in the works, and Will be coming along soon. After we run the 87 octane out, we will be beginning the 93 octane calibrations. This our point of beginning, and as we move forward the numbers will grow.[popcorn]
Cool. I've been thinking about switching to 93, and have been testing it out for a few tanks.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I ran 93 for a while when I bought it. But I now run 89 regularly. I think 89 is the best thing for our Focus stock.

Aron- Did you take a look at our Dyno thread? Most of those Dynos have some kind of mods alot of us are running. Maybe those graphs and data can help you all in developing tunes for those with exhausts and CAI's. I think the gains with a FSWerks exhaust and a tune to compliment would throw down some impressive numbers. My Focus is all nice and broke-in now with 37,000 miles, so I am ready for a tune.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Yup, I'm waiting with bated breath. What kind of dyno do you guys use, by the way? The closest reputable tuner to me uses an AWD500SE Mustang that's definitely earned the "Heartbreaker" moniker people love giving those... haha.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
This is with no changes to the TCM on our Dynojet 248C. Blue represents the factory unaltered calibration. Red represents our tune. These runs were made with the car between 201-202 degrees. More to come when we run the 87 octane out.[:D]

·
Registered
453 Posts
I think the most important thing to note is that this is on a bone stock car. The torque picks up nicely around the 4500 rpm mark.
Stock with dealership 87 octane gas.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I think the most important thing to note is that this is on a bone stock car. The torque picks up nicely around the 4500 rpm mark.
I like that low end power too. It seems like that will really make the car feel faster without having to run into the high rpms.

Does this mean it is likely to get worse gas mileage though?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
I like that low end power too. It seems like that will really make the car feel faster without having to run into the high rpms.

Does this mean it is likely to get worse gas mileage though?
LOL, that is a question that will be answered differently by each driver. There is a line that can get crossed and fuel consumption will become a factor.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Glad you guys are doing the runs at 200 degrees and giving us real world numbers when we're driving around town!! Its only the start. This is stock without our cars breathing better. I'm sure they could do a cooled down run and have the mod show a lot more of a horsepower increase.

141 - 160 of 3156 Posts