Focus Fanatics Forum banner

101 - 120 of 3156 Posts

·
Something goes here
8,280 Posts
No word on data logging just yet. But the handheld should allow the tune to be flashed.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

·
Registered
453 Posts
Are y'all doing anything with the shifting points or anything? Just curious.

·
I WILL correct you.
5,328 Posts
Now, now... Don't be mean. :p
Kay, meet the Head Wizard of The International United States of the World School of Sarcasm.

As you can tell by the ginormous title, which is in no way an indication of the size of something else, that he's a pretty big deal...

...again, not an indication of anything else.

[thumb]

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
[rofl]
Kay, meet the Head Wizard of The International United States of the World School of Sarcasm.

As you can tell by the ginormous title, which is in no way an indication of the size of something else, that he's a pretty big deal...

...again, not an indication of anything else.

[thumb]
[rofl][rofl]

·
omn-nom-nomnomnomnom
2,293 Posts
I'm interested in the device and software. Will you have a self tuner solution?

Tuning my svtf with sct's prp was a great experience, and I would like to do the same with the mk3 whenever a solution is offered.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Thanks Red I didnt read all the pages , will the device datalog and load tunes ?

Tom
There will be plans for data logging in the future. For now the innitial release will involve multiple tunes with excellent product support. Anyone that has ever dealt with us knows that we don't do anything halfway. [woot]

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Will there be future compatibility for datalogging with the launch materials (via firmware or whatever), as well as CEL/code reading/clearing?

·
Registered
453 Posts
I just clutch in and shift. Can the tune help with that?
LOL! I wish I could have gotten a manual. Dealership didn't have one and wife can't drive one.

Craig, in one word my only response is absofreakinglutely! We already love their potential.
Awesome! I hate the way this thing shifts right now. I wish I could explain it. But my exhaust makes those shifts very noticeable and it sounds retarded. Like if I pull out into traffic quickly it goes through 1-3 decent then I go to back off the throttle and then it goes into 4,5,6 fast and one at a time. Drives me nuts.[gunfire] For now I just drive around in "Sport" Mode and shift myself to prevent that.

Thanks for the hard work y'all are putting into this.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Will there be future compatibility for datalogging with the launch materials (via firmware or whatever), as well as CEL/code reading/clearing?
There will be more info coming in the near future, and I will update you guys as I can. Let me answer these questions after we have released our product. When we reach that goal, we'll set the next even higher.

·
Registered
123 Posts
LOL! I wish I could have gotten a manual. Dealership didn't have one and wife can't drive one.

Awesome! I hate the way this thing shifts right now. I wish I could explain it. But my exhaust makes those shifts very noticeable and it sounds retarded. Like if I pull out into traffic quickly it goes through 1-3 decent then I go to back off the throttle and then it goes into 4,5,6 fast and one at a time. Drives me nuts.[gunfire] For now I just drive around in "Sport" Mode and shift myself to prevent that.

Thanks for the hard work y'all are putting into this.
Even when you are in the Sport mode it shifts automatically when it sense that it need to go another gear and sometimes it reacts late/slow when the button is pushed. [:(][mecry]

·
Registered
252 Posts
There will be more info coming in the near future, and I will update you guys as I can. Let me answer these questions after we have released our product. When we reach that goal, we'll set the next even higher.
Do you have a time frame yet. Like are we looking at weeks or months.

And anyone else think its funny that SCT is talking to us now that someone else is finally helping the community, after 2 years of leading us on and very little information. Kinda sad.

·
Registered
466 Posts
That's good to hear. I was reading about this over on focaljet a week or so ago, and I'm glad its come to fruition (if you are the same tuner).

Honestly, I think keeping this thing affordable should be a priority too. Adding features is always nice, but I don't want a datalogger built in, or anything like that. I don't want to have to pay $100 extra for a tune because someone else wanted it. I have the feeling I'm not the only one with these thoughts.

Will it take up the OBD II port constantly? I have other plans for it.

Also, if less work goes into programming the manual (because it's, well, a manual), would there be a price difference between it and the auto?

·
Registered
727 Posts
That's good to hear. I was reading about this over on focaljet a week or so ago, and I'm glad its come to fruition (if you are the same tuner).

Honestly, I think keeping this thing affordable should be a priority too. Adding features is always nice, but I don't want a datalogger built in, or anything like that. I don't want to have to pay $100 extra for a tune because someone else wanted it. I have the feeling I'm not the only one with these thoughts.

Also, if less work goes into programming the manual (because it's, well, a manual), would there be a price difference between it and the auto?
Yes, I agree, I would rather have a handheld unit that you tune and remove, not one that stays in the car. Features are nice, and it might be possible to set up the tuner so if you want more features, you pay the extra to "unlock" those features. I have an automatic and would love tunes that include shift points, but I also understand that someone with a manual might not want to pay for that.

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Do you have a time frame yet. Like are we looking at weeks or months.

And anyone else think its funny that SCT is talking to us now that someone else is finally helping the community, after 2 years of leading us on and very little information. Kinda sad.
<-----this, exactly, we should all boycott SCT, just because of the crappy way they treated and lead us on

·
Registered
132 Posts

Yes they are the same tuner!! I started the focaljet thread to give people hope and let them know real work was being done on our cars. My friend recommended them and I just lucked out and called them right before they started. When I met with them I was so excited I had to post something.

101 - 120 of 3156 Posts