Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1001 - 1020 of 3156 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
I wish we'd hear from someone that actually drives their car all the time.
Read the whole thread. I've posted a few times as well as havok, and now torquerules. What do you want to know that hasn't already been stated?

There is more power (Mid range and top end). Fuel economy seems better; my foot has been heavier but my average mileage seems to be about the same. (~29mpg). Overall drivability is definitely better.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA

·
Registered
9,258 Posts
Are you serious? I just got the tuner in the middle of last week. I have driven it to work every day since. I am tired when I get home after work, so I am not going to go cruise all evening. I didn't drive it this weekend because I gave it a nice detail and let it set for a while because I had something else to drive. Again, I have only had the tuner for about a week now. I have driven the car almost every day since.

My daily commute is a minimum of 50 miles a day for 5 days a week. If I have to go to other sites at work, that can double some weeks.

I have no idea what you mean by not driving all the time. I have a house, so I am not going to eat, sleep, and take a poo in my car...
^^^^^this! Maybe if people actually took the time to read.....

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
You people are grumpy today. I understand though, because people don't want to go back to work after any weekend - let alone an extended weekend. I have no job so my grumpy level remains unchanged.

Novus, I can let you drive my car if you'd like. I want to see some interstate numbers anyways, and I could even bring my wheels for you to see in person for you to decide if you want them. Offer is on the table, so if you want to take me up on it just send me a pm.

·
I WILL correct you.
5,328 Posts
You people are grumpy today. I understand though, because people don't want to go back to work after any weekend - let alone an extended weekend. I have no job so my grumpy level remains unchanged.

Novus, I can let you drive my car if you'd like. I want to see some interstate numbers anyways, and I could even bring my wheels for you to see in person for you to decide if you want them. Offer is on the table, so if you want to take me up on it just send me a pm.
The ground did feel pretty cold today...oddly enough you post this.

Coincidence?

·
The Professor
2,664 Posts
Other than the added torque, what you will notice is how much smoooooother things are. The engine is silky compared to what it was and it wasn't bad to begin with compared to other 4cyls.

·
Sonic Crew #016
4,313 Posts
Really want to get a tune, wish I was a tester. But I can wait

And I think injected will need to stock up on the tuning devise, these will sell fast

·
Registered
324 Posts
Fun with Datalogging

Datalogged my ~30 minute commute to work today.

Here's a quick WOT run from ~60 to ~80

Didn't take it up to the peak ... I was starting to go a little faster than I like around traffic.

IIRC, Aric mentioned that the car will only advance up to ~21* on the stock calibration in this situation (WOT); they changed it so it will advance up to ~32* with quality 91+ octane gas. I've seen as much as 52* during part throttle cruising. Not sure if that's something they changed also or not. Maybe Aron can chime in if I have that right or not.

AFRs in the 12.5 range.

Engine Coolant Temps for the entire trip stayed below 200. It got up to 199 at one point... probably a stop light or something. Averaged about 192. We've talked about this already so I'll spare that graph.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Throttle Position 87.06%, but foot on floor?
Yeah... that concerned me at first too, but I googled it and that seems like a normal reading for WOT on the TPS. I know that everything that you find on 'teh interwebz' isn't true but it seemed legit... [dunno]

Apparently the ETC sensor will show up to 100%

1001 - 1020 of 3156 Posts