Focus Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 100 of 3156 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #81 (Edited)
Right now we are working on fueling tables, and offering everyone something they can feel good about spending they're hard earned money on. All of these suggestions are great input for things to look at in the future.

For now, here is a screen shot of what our tuner is working with.[thumb]

·
Registered
516 Posts
Right now we are working on fueling tables, and offering everyone something they can feel good about spending they're hard earned money on. All of these suggestions are great input for things to look at in the future.

For now, here is a screen shot of what our tuner is working with.[thumb]
How I feel when trying to understand that screenshot:

I kind of understand what I'm looking at lol but not really. It's kind of like staring at all the wrapped packages before Christmas... I have no clue what i'm looking at but I know theres an amazing gift inside!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Honestly it really isn't relevant, but it is the software that is used. The test mule is strapped down now getting ready to make some more changes.[giggle]

·
The Professor
2,664 Posts
Aron,

I would be the first in line if you offer this, even to Beta test knowing that things are in development.

My main need is tuning for the DCT. The main reason I have not installed a long-tube header yet is the fact that the shifting strategies of the DCT will allow slippage with too much power. The shifts are slow and and the DCT needs to be quick to save the clutches. The so-called "torque hole filling" needs tuned out.

Beyond that, any fuel and timing changes you can make in the name of HP are just icing on the cake.

PM me if you have questions. Most people who know me on here know I am willing to pioneer.

Just wanted to stop in here and test the waters. I was wondering how many people would consider buying a tuner for the MK3's. If so, what are some suggestions for the entry level programmer? Maybe a 87, 91, and 93 octane tune? Maybe adjusting speedo calibration, or even a speed limiter for parent who bought one of these for their kids, and would like a added piece of mind that their little angels aren't burning the roads up? I think everyone can benefit from a discussion like this, and look forward to everyone's responses.

Before anyone says this cant be done here are a few photos.

·
Registered
541 Posts
We need to be able to tune for intake manifolds, injector duty cycles, abs and traction control, ect... We need to tune it all!!! I personally am looking for the maximum amount of power that the stock clutch can hold until there is a better clutch available. Im figuring around 250hp at the wheels.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I'm in, probably as soon as released, definitely within "next payday" window, if it catches me at a bad time. 30 days worst case announcement to paid order in.

I would prefer something where you can hook it up and take it off. I have 2 focuses, would be sort of a drag to have to buy 2 tuners.

·
Boob Whisperer
6,104 Posts
So, what's the interface? Bench flash, laptop/Tactrix, handheld loader(AP, SCT, Diablo, Edge)?

Pennies are being saved. Oh yes, pennies are being saved.
I see your using ATI Vision

How will you be offering tuning in a flasher or will customers have to send in there ECU ?

Tom
I asked that about 24 hrs ago.

Your question is worded much better.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I'm in, probably as soon as released, definitely within "next payday" window, if it catches me at a bad time. 30 days worst case announcement to paid order in.
Same here. I already have some of the funds put aside, but given I work for myself, it might be a couple weeks to a month before I can plonk down for it. That said, I'd love to see some sort of preorder deal go down similar to what happened for the ST folks.

Unrelated:

Aron, in your professional opinion, would you guys say the new Duratec is underrated? We've been seeing stock dynos consistently at the 150whp watermark on a motor labeled as a 160bhp unit. Given that some people have seen as much as 25whp/20wtq with just intake and exhaust, I can't wait to see what's possible with our engines.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Aron, in your professional opinion, would you guys say the new Duratec is underrated? We've been seeing stock dynos consistently at the 150whp watermark on a motor labeled as a 160bhp unit. Given that some people have seen as much as 25whp/20wtq with just intake and exhaust, I can't wait to see what's possible with our engines.
These cars are pretty amazing, and there is potential[driving]

·
FF Affiliate
30,146 Posts
I see your using ATI Vision

How will you be offering tuning in a flasher and emailable tuning or will customers have to send in there ECU ?

Tom

·
Something goes here
8,280 Posts
81 - 100 of 3156 Posts