Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 80 of 3156 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Aron, any chance you know how far off it may be until we see some dyno charts? It'd be nice to know what's possible with even just the base car (or whatever your mules have been, I don't know if they're stock or not); I've got big expectations given that the new Duratec Ti-VCT motor has been really receptive to bolt-on mods.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Aron, any chance you know how far off it may be until we see some dyno charts? It'd be nice to know what's possible with even just the base car (or whatever your mules have been, I don't know if they're stock or not); I've got big expectations given that the new Duratec Ti-VCT motor has been really receptive to bolt-on mods.
Right now our cars are bone stock, and we do have some graphs. I'm going to hold off on posting any for now though. Only because the tuning is not complete, and I'd like to show you guys some nice smooth graph's that are realistic numbers.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
This
Very interested at disabling traction control. Allowing for a different differential would also be nice, mechanically countering torque steer and overriding the computer
And this
  • Ability to enable/disable the electronic stability program
In short, there are a fair number of us who want to drive our cars, not have them driven for us by strings of zeros and ones.

·
Registered
802 Posts
i dont suppose any chance of this being avail before Focus Fest eh?

·
Registered
947 Posts
Call the shop and get put on the list. I will need manuel cars once I complete the auto calibrations
Manuel car right here, and not too far away from you guys. I will more than likely be down in that area for Import Alliance next weekend. Would love to check out your shop!

Emanuel

·
Registered
516 Posts
I have some dates in mind, and I think that everyone will be stoked. Right now that info is for the [ninja][ninja][ninja]
Having tuning either before my 16 hour drive to focus fest or getting it at focus fest would be AMAZING.

This topic makes me feel like I used to feel on December 24th right before Christmas day!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
The make or break on a tuner for me would be the ability to disable ESC, while keeping TC and ABS active.
That is something that can be looked into. Are you asking because this is a full time race car? Or would you simply like the ability to turn it off, if you decide to head out to a local track?

·
Registered
453 Posts
This is exciting! I have been seriously taking the hit and picking up a ST so I can tune. But now I think I will hold off, so I can tune my car. I would really like to throw some headers on my Focus, but have been waiting for a tuner. I know with exhaust and intake mods, most of us have come real close to that magic 200 bhp number. With a tuner, over 200 bhp is gonna be real easy.

If y'all release a tuner for us MK3 Foci, orders are gonna pour in like crazy. Including myself.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I am very interested in a tune for my car, but am weary because of the warranty. I have never used a tuner before and am not sure about your ability to "roll-back" to a factory tune for service work.

Just curious is all. Either way I will be getting a tune at some point in time, just don't know if I should wait until my warranty is over. [cheers]

·
Registered
36 Posts
That is something that can be looked into. Are you asking because this is a full time race car? Or would you simply like the ability to turn it off, if you decide to head out to a local track?

The latter, autocrosses and HPDE. For DD use the ESC is great, especially in winter here. Thanks

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Yes, defeatable ESC/ESP and TCS while being able to retain ABS (call it a Sport / Race mode if you like) would be very nice. I know a lot of people have been wanting this, as the only current known method of disabling the ESC/ESP program (by means of a fuse switch and resistor) also nixes ABS, which is kind of bad.

I can't really express how excited I am about this, really. A good, reliable, powerful, feature rich tune is something worth waiting for, now that we know someone is working on it and cares.

61 - 80 of 3156 Posts