Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 3156 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Can a mod sticky this thread for the time being, given its relative import as to what's going on with our cars?

·
Registered
516 Posts
I've said this before but I'll say it again; Every time I drive my car I can tell it would be 100% more awesome if tuning would be available. Super excited to see someone has made some serious progress.

Some things I would like to see:
  • The ability to tune for different octanes. I know a 93 tune would give the car a good bit of performance.
  • Some type of economy tune. I do a bit of road trips and trips to college and back are 3 hours long... The more fuel I can save the better!
  • Custom Rev and Custom Idle
  • The ability to tune the DCT to just work better. Maybe some harder shifts at WOT but just the ability to make the thing work properly would be nice
  • The MOST important thing for me is the ability to have my car tuned to properly run with the mods I have (Steeda CIA, FSWerks Stealth Exhaust). If we got the ability to modify timing and things like that custom, safe tunes could be done by people like Tom from Focus Power... I'd love to have him remote tune my car after reading the good he's done to so many other peoples cars.

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
Very interested at disabling traction control. Allowing for a different differential would also be nice, mechanically countering torque steer and overriding the computer

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I've said this before but I'll say it again; Every time I drive my car I can tell it would be 100% more awesome if tuning would be available. Super excited to see someone has made some serious progress.

Some things I would like to see:
  • The ability to tune for different octanes. I know a 93 tune would give the car a good bit of performance.
  • Some type of economy tune. I do a bit of road trips and trips to college and back are 3 hours long... The more fuel I can save the better!
  • Custom Rev and Custom Idle
  • The ability to tune the DCT to just work better. Maybe some harder shifts at WOT but just the ability to make the thing work properly would be nice
  • The MOST important thing for me is the ability to have my car tuned to properly run with the mods I have (Steeda CIA, FSWerks Stealth Exhaust). If we got the ability to modify timing and things like that custom, safe tunes could be done by people like Tom from Focus Power... I'd love to have him remote tune my car after reading the good he's done to so many other peoples cars.
I'd love to be able to get a custom tune from one of the excellent local tuning shops here in my neck of the woods. Injected and some place like EFI Logics need to get together for us Northeast/New England Focus folks.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I'd love to be able to get a custom tune from one of the excellent local tuning shops here in my neck of the woods. Injected and some place like EFI Logics need to get together for us Northeast/New England Focus folks.
That would be awesome... I'd be more than willing to come 5 hours to get a custom tune done by whoever.

Unfortunately it seems like Injected is a bit far for me to go but i'd be willing to test anything remotely if you guys need someone!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
We want to offer all Focus folks as many options as possible[thumb]
Right now, I'm here to tell you that these cars can and have been tuned. Now it's time to show their capability[headbang]

·
Sonic Crew #04
7,513 Posts
I want tuning too, do you need minimum orders? i want to be able to tune for turbo

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
We want to offer all Focus folks as many options as possible[thumb]
Right now, I'm here to tell you that these cars can and have been tuned. Now it's time to show their capability[headbang]
[headbang][thumb][wiggle]

I feel the need....the need...for speed. Youw!!!

[giddy]

·
Something goes here
8,280 Posts
:D:thumbup:

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

·
Registered
9,258 Posts
subscribing!!!!

·
Registered
802 Posts
I mean lets face it a lot of us are looking to be able to plug something in and get a big enough bang for out buck that we can feel it in our seats! Would be nice to see better numbers even out of the bonde stock focuses. I know these cars come a little detuned and lean from the factory. Lets do something that will add a little more fun into these hot hatches shall we!?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I mean lets face it a lot of us are looking to be able to plug something in and get a big enough bang for out buck that we can feel it in our seats! Would be nice to see better numbers even out of the bonde stock focuses. I know these cars come a little detuned and lean from the factory. Lets do something that will add a little more fun into these hot hatches shall we!?
I like the way this man thinks! As well as his taste in paint options..........our test mule looks very similar

·
Registered
802 Posts
I like the way this man thinks! As well as his taste in paint options..........our test mule looks very similar
Why thank you sir! I recently painted the interior with color matched paint! Looks very nice! Excited to see what you can put out there. And if you cant tell already I think youll have plenty of ppl willing to buy as soon as it becomes avail!

·
Registered
947 Posts
F-I-N-A-L-L-Y!!! Very excited to see what kind of tunes you guys can do. As been said above, I would like to see a tune for intake, exhaust, header on 93, no CEL for O2 sensor on header, possibly cancel traction control/vectoring, raise redline and limiter...

I'm in Greenville, SC, but my Dad still lives in Gwinnett County, GA so I would love to come by the shop whenever the next time I visit GA and see what you guys have cooking...

Emanuel

·
Sonic Crew #04
7,513 Posts
The suspense until we get more details is going to be like a kid in december

21 - 40 of 3156 Posts