Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tom, i am going to be purchasing a powerworks sc after i figure out how much trouble ill need to go through in getting a really good tune for it. I already have a diablo predator and a cutom tune from you. I know the Powerworks comes with a tune, but i want a better tune because of the probems others have had with it. And actully i deff. want it dyno'd. Do you think the tune that is with it is good enough to run to SC to have it tuned by you? Or would it be better to have a diff tune sent to me from you and then come up for a dyno tune?

I am going on Vacation the 5th through the 14th. Think i could set up an apointment to have it done. I just wanna drive up get her done and get back. I have alot of drinking to do while on Vac. and another Job to get ready to start. THanks[thumb]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts
The PW cal is safe out-of-the-box.

Tom - I'm definetly interested in seeing what you can wring out of it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds good to me then, im probably gonna order it then this afternoon.
 

·
Something goes here
Joined
·
8,290 Posts
Oh I cant wait to see this when you get it. Ill drive over to Sanford and meet up with you when you finsh the install let me know[thumb]
 

·
FF Affiliate
Joined
·
31,087 Posts
No one can answer that question , You need to find a dyno and have the AF and knock sensor checked with this information you will know for sure

There is NO WAY i would install ANY FI kit and not first have these checked for safety, If this was dont it would eliminate 95% of all the blown engines from FI , the other 5 % would be from tuning shops that do sorry tuning

Tom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Since i already have a custom tune on the svt from you tom with the predator, do i need to reload the original tune before i mail powerworks the ecu, or will it just overwrite it with no undue affects? It doesn't really matter to me if the tune would then be gone because im going to have you do a dyno tune with it after its installed. Also, how much noitce do you need before i make an apointment to come up for tuning? Thanks
 

·
FF Affiliate
Joined
·
31,087 Posts
If you didnt restore the origional back up and ever sold the PW you would have a origional SVT stock tune

Does not matter either way what ever tune is there they should be able to write over it

Tom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tom do i need anything besides what comes with the powerworks kit? I dont need a different mass air thing or anything do i?
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top