Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I see you all recommend everyone to talk to tom and get his tune. Unfortunately I cannot afford him :(. Also I have a tuner I was using on my 04 for circle track racing.

The tuner I have was said to be a Diablo Sport Tuner. It gives me 2 different options for tuning my focus. A "Standard Tune" and an "Advanced Tune". The Standard Tune I'm assuming is just a generic tune to open it up a little. The Advanced Tune though is something I would like to play around with.

The Advanced tune offers me 17 different things to modify. Some are just for rev limits to speed limits to diff size which I'm assuming is for the spedometer. I'd like to see if anyone can offer me some advice as to how to setup a few things with my cars current setup.

Octane level - Premium / 91 / 87
AIR / FUEL - Im able to adjust in 2% incriments +/-
Timing - 0-2k 2-4k 4-8k
EGR - on/off
Rear o2 - on/off

Everything else i can figure out on my own. Any help as to what you would set these at would be majorly beneficial.

I run Premium fuel currently, I have a race header and exhaust, UDP, 1 step colder motorcraft copper core plugs and thats it. Im still assuming the advanced tune would open my car up more than the standard tune. Thanks in advance

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
It sounds like you have a sct xcal not a diablo predator is the flasher green or black

You dont need to be making any adjustments to the fuel or timing , the preloaded tunes you have are for a base stock engine with no mods so with a race header , exh you will need some custom tuning

My guess is you dont have a air fuel gauge either ? 150.00 is a small price to pay to have a correct tune with FREE updates as you add more NA mods

Tom

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The tuner itself is like a clear red plastic. When i start it it says "Granatelli Motorsports". It does have 2 ports on the bottom of it to connect to a computer. Though I think I'm just lagging behind here and telling you things you already know. My apologies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts