Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am strongly considering throwing the Vortech kit on my SVT. I have absolutely everything to install it. The only thing that has me stalling the tune. I was curious about how I would go about doing this and if anyone knows any good tuners in the DFW area. I know everyone is gonna say Tom, and if it comes down to it I may consider that option. Just doesnt seem logical for an emailed tune with educated guess work. What tuner is the best for FI?

·
FF Affiliate
30,764 Posts
Tuning with Tom isnt "educated guess work" I would tune your Focus exactly the same way if it was sitting on my dynojet dyno

My process would be slightly more work on your part but you would get the most experienced Vortech Focus Tuner out there , These cars dont tune like Mustangs and 80% of the guys that get Mustang Tuners to tune there Focus still come to me

Tom

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is still an option but I want to explore local first. Ive tuned four digit LSXs so I have experience. I very well may just tackle it myself. Just not familiar with the software and how to use it. What are people using to tune these things? Also curious on how good maf extenders are. I have a Diablo Mafia. I usually toss MAFs for turbo LSXs in favor of speed density but the SVT doesn't use a MAP sensor.

·
FF Affiliate
30,764 Posts
SCT sells a Pro Racer Package and XACL4 I can sell you this will allow you to tune the SVT your self , I dont recommend tuning a boosted SVT they have a lot of quirks and if your not use to Tuning them they can be a bear

Tom

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it seems like something I would like to leave up to an expert anyway. I believe I understand the process of sending you data logs and you returning a modified tune to upload and then repeating until squared away. I very well may just do it because I haven't read anything bad about your service. the only issue I have is the distance and slow process of gradually updating the tune. but say I was to go with your service. what would you need from me in terms of info and also cost? and what is included as far as number of updates, hardware, etc?

·
FF Affiliate
30,764 Posts
In most cases you get a new tune back with in 12-24 Hrs . Another option is to set up a time and we can spend 3-5 Hrs on the logging and tuning to get you going

If you already have a XCAL Flasher I charge 550.00 for the full custom boost tune and that comes with free tune updates for any further mods for as long as you own the Focus

If you dont have a flasher yet I sell the XCAL4 flasher and boost tune for 949.00 shipped and that comes with all the links for the software needed and a link to teamviewer.com in case you need some help I can remote in to your laptop and help like I was sitting there with you

Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts