Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got a tuning file for a focus I can look at? Im trying to understand how they work and how they are formatted. If anyones got one, doesnt really matter for which focus cuz im just trying to check one out. Would really like to get into tuning but I need to learn how they work and formats.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Anybody got a tuning file for a focus I can look at? Im trying to understand how they work and how they are formatted. If anyones got one, doesnt really matter for which focus cuz im just trying to check one out. Would really like to get into tuning but I need to learn how they work and formats.
You should go on COBB website, their OTS maps are free. Nobody will give you their custom maps, seriously.

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
What software are you trying to use to tune the focus? Since you have an SE your options are SCT or injected. With SCT you can purchase their pro racer software and do your own tunes. Injected on the other hand you can't do anything on your end, since they handle the tune.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im just trying to look at the tuning files. Just wanting to answer a few of my own questions. Sct is what ill go whith when I get mine tuned but im just curious of the files themselves

·
Strichmädchen & Koks
3,112 Posts
Im just trying to look at the tuning files. Just wanting to answer a few of my own questions. Sct is what ill go whith when I get mine tuned but im just curious of the files themselves
What do you expect to do once you have the tune file?

To start, you will need the appropriate software to even think about opening the file. You would need to get this from someone like SCT. I'm not sure if that is a publicly available program or if it's only distributed to tuners.

Second, I'm willing the bet the tune files are password protected/encrypted to prevent changes by others.

Your only real option is to contact a tuning company and ask them if they can get you the appropriate software to view the file yourself, or about some other way to view the tune file information.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I am reading an awesome book right now, written in 2010, about performance.
It's called "Performance Fuel Injection Systems" and it is avalaible through the Internet as an E-Book.

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
SCT doesnt offer the Pro Racer Package for the MK3 Focus

You would have to purchase the Advantage SCT software to be able to open the SCT files if you can tell me what your looking for I may be able to help

Tom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts