Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Tuners?

772 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  focusboy5 
#1 ·
Anyone know of any good tuners in texas?
Not ones you have heard of but ones that you have actually used and worked on your car.

#3 ·
Tom I wish I could have made it to NC last February to have you do the tune on my car, but I don't know if you remember I had a family tradgedy and couldnt make it. I was gonna drive out from Memphis to NC, but as it happened I didn't get that opprotunity...

[offtopic] Tom since my 07 ST has to be back dated to do the Cosworth IM I figure you would know how much work is it to do so. Just move the p/s resovoir and the p/s lines get it re-tuned and dyno'd. I've heard the hardware isn't all correct, i.e. bolts not being the right size, crappy o rings, and that it causes probs with the cruise control functioning... should I have PM"d this?

Back to topic. Tom has great tunes from all I've heard and I know you don't want someone we have heard of, so just wait and see if he isn't mentioned a whole lot...

#4 ·
[offtopic] Tom since my 07 ST has to be back dated to do the Cosworth IM I figure you would know how much work is it to do so. Just move the p/s resovoir and the p/s lines get it re-tuned and dyno'd. I've heard the hardware isn't all correct, i.e. bolts not being the right size, crappy o rings, and that it causes probs with the cruise control functioning... should I have PM"d this?
here is some stuff you will have to do. The end pages answer alot of questions too. Hope it helps.

#5 · (Edited)
Jesse thanks I'll read through it and hopefully get some good info...

EDIT: Jesse I read that thread as it was being posted each day...I really want the IM, but to be honest the 2.3 head flows pretty well, but I am so stuck on "powered by cosworth" it aint even funny. I'm gonna wait until I see how the 2.3 IM responds to the cams I am gonna put it later...thanks for putting that up there for me though...I just read this stuff constantly and had already seen it... Hopefully somebody will like F2 USA, FS, CFM, etc will fabricate a comparable IM to the Cossie IM and sell it for $150 - $200 less and it would sell like crazy

#8 ·
but anyway tom im planning on boosting my 2.0 in the near future. wait pm sent

#10 ·
lol. its alright.
I might end up going with tom if he's still in the business when im ready.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.