Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an intake and exhaust installed on my 06 zx3 and plan to get the obx header soon. What tuner and from who will best suit my needs. I will also in the real short future be getting stage 2 crane cams. Well I call to ask them to program the tuner what should be asked for?
Thanks Austin

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
clicky

I am going to get Tom's tune cause he gives free updates as long as you stay N/A. And he is probably has the most knowledge of the focus out of anyone.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
how much is a tune from tom? i would have to drive to NC?

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
No you can get a remote tune which means you PM him or call and you tell him everything you have done to your car, and your pcu code and he will make you a custom tune, load it to the flasher and then he will ship it out to you for you to install onto your car's pcu. You can drive out to him. I would if I lived as clost to him as you do. It would be worth it. And for the price you will have to double check but I think it is around $450??? not too sure.

·
FOCUS REVOLUTION
2,872 Posts
also check out focus sport they know the duratecs. I have not seen tom's tunes so i don't know those

altho i know tom know's zetec's and SVT really well i don't know for sure how well he know's duratec's

·
FOCUS REVOLUTION
2,872 Posts
i know this poster has a duratec but i don't know how much tom know's them.

·
FOCUS REVOLUTION
2,872 Posts
i know this poster has a duratec but i don't know how much tom know's them.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
His main car is a duratec. And he built a turbo kit for the duratec. So I believe he know just as much if not more.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Toms is 379. FS is great though too, form what I am told.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Toms is 379. FS is great though too, from what I am told.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
wth. every time i post now, it does double.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
moving you to the ECU tuning forum

·
Registered
656 Posts
His main car is a duratec. And he built a turbo kit for the duratec. So I believe he know just as much if not more.
And FocusSport has sold and tuned about 80 of there Duratec turbo kits.FocusSport has more experience than any other company when it comes to tuning turbocharging the Duratec Focus.

As far as a tune for a N/A take your pick it want really make much difference between the two.

·
Wings & Teeth
2,465 Posts
how do you know your PCU code?
or where can you find it out?

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
I Have a tune from Tom on my Duratec 2.0L and with it the response is amazing.

He e mailed me my tune and then I loaded it on the Tuner which is an SCT X 3 that I bought from him. Also my code was in the passenger side door jam... I was also told that it's over around the fuel pump reset too but not sure where it would be on your car unless it's behind the glove box like some are.

·
Wings & Teeth
2,465 Posts
the clicky doesnt work

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
its a link to focussport. they dont allow linking to that site. just go to their site, and look under their flashers. pic will be there.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts