Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo! i was reading the forums and whatnot, and i came across a post where a guy wanted to spend some money on his focus. Most of the replies included a tune. Now, since i am a little kid, (18), and just into focus' and cars in general, i would like to know around how much tuning will cost me. And i'm also guessing that this will help with my cold air intake, short throw, and full cat exhaust, no? Thanks for the input, i know that it's going to be from wayne, since he seems to be the favorite.

·
Registered
159 Posts
you will definitly see a gain from an xcal 2. u should see between 5 and 10 horsepower and u really won't regret this mod.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Only bad thing is that xcal is bout $350!! Kind of a lot of money for 5 or 10 horeses, but...Im saving for it myself. lol, damn it.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
too bad I don't have $350....I would have that $hit in a heart beat......then again, if I didn't buy so much CRAP, I would be able to get it the next paycheck...[hihi]

·
Registered
557 Posts
do i need to purchase everything i want before i get the tune? i want to purchase the xcal2 but i am not sure if i am done modding. the only thing i might want to add in the future is a header. can i purchase multiple tunes for the xcal2? one for before and one for after headers if i decide to buy them??

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
You can buy it now for the mods that you have, but if you want to upgrade the tune/tunes for new mods that you put on you send it back with another $50?? for them to reprogram it with your new mod. Personally, im waiting till i get my headers, cat and cam gears (tuned aswell) and then am getting the x-cal 2. You can purchase multiple tunes, but typically they are for different octanes of gas (i.e 93+ for racing and 91 or 87 for around town). It all depends on what you want to do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts