Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
I’m not trying to be rude at all but: What would be the point of spending all that money on a tune for a Focus SE, just to pickup 10-15 HP? Isn’t the idea behind the Focus SE just for daily commuters that want a sporty little car that gets 35-40 mpg? Those that want to go faster would opt for the Focus ST.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m not trying to be rude at all but: What would be the point of spending all that money on a tune for a Focus SE, just to pickup 10-15 HP? Isn’t the idea behind the Focus SE just for daily commuters that want a sporty little car that gets 35-40 mpg? Those that want to go faster would opt for the Focus ST.

Hey, no worries about being rude!
Would like Tom's tune to help adjust the shifting.
The car was a good deal and the issues I've read about the DCT *I've read up on how to properly drive it* and would just like this easy of mind! So, the better shifting points on a tune would help out!
Sorry, college student couldn't afford a ST, Or I would have!
Thanks for your input!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
838 Posts
Hey, no worries about being rude!
Would like Tom's tune to help adjust the shifting.
The car was a good deal and the issues I've read about the DCT *I've read up on how to properly drive it* and would just like this easy of mind! So, the better shifting points on a tune would help out!
Sorry, college student couldn't afford a ST, Or I would have!
Thanks for your input!

I have a ‘13 Titanium Hatchback, so I know all about the DCT. It’s a terrible driving car & have had the clutch replaced, new TCM, flash updates etc. & it made no difference. Still shudders & sputters every time I hit the throttle. I see it as a design flaw not a tune issue.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
I have a ‘13 Titanium Hatchback, so I know all about the DCT. It’s a terrible driving car & have had the clutch replaced, new TCM, flash updates etc. & it made no difference. Still shudders & sputters every time I hit the throttle. I see it as a design flaw not a tune issue.

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
A tune would possibly help w/ the dct, But the mass ppl buying a car wouldn't know or think about a tune.

·
FF Affiliate
30,704 Posts
If it was a design flaw ALL DCT would have the issuesand my Tune wouldnt make them better or cure the issues , Its a Tune issue because I have helped or cured the shudder issues and much more on hundreds of DCT Focus

Tom

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it was a design flaw ALL DCT would have the issuesand my Tune wouldnt make them better or cure the issues , Its a Tune issue because I have helped or cured the shudder issues and much more on hundreds of DCT Focus

Tom
Tom, when do you think we could have a tune for the 2017?
So far my dct isnt acting up!
And the extra performance would help (;
Thank you!
Julian

·
Registered
838 Posts

Tom

Too bad you’re not close because I’d love for you to drive my car & get your overall impressions. It’s such a bizarre car to drive. It’s completely out-of-warranty now but I’m not sure how much longer I want to keep it, otherwise I’d consider talking to you about your tune. I haven’t convinced myself I want to daily drive a manual ST or RS, so maybe the Escape or Edge are other options for me.

·
FF Affiliate
30,704 Posts
The nice thing about the SCT Flashers is they cost 462.00 but when you sell your Focus and go back to stock Tune ( unmarry the flasher ) you can use it on the next Ford or sell it , most cases people get 250-275.00 for then used so you get over half your money back

Tom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts