Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I removed the tune from my car, does it leave a signature of any sort on my ECU? Just wondering for when and if I get ready to sell (which could be sometime later this year) if the dealer can detect any kind of trace on the ECU when/if they check the car over.

Planning on taking the entire car back to stock, but there will be residual clues that the car was modified, which may trigger deeper probing depending on where I trade it in if I go that route. It's a tune from FSWerks, loaded on an SCT X3.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Just delete the tune & download the stock. Just to ask, what would you do w/ the flasher? It really won't do you no good. Yea you can use it on another car w/ a tuner redoing it for almost the same as you could get another one. What are you looking at? When I sell my car or trade(which probably won't happen), everything is going w/ it.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just delete the tune & download the stock. Just to ask, what would you do w/ the flasher? It really won't do you no good. Yea you can use it on another car w/ a tuner redoing it for almost the same as you could get another one. What are you looking at? When I sell my car or trade(which probably won't happen), everything is going w/ it.
Not sure what I'll do with the tuner. Might just sell it to someone else for them to load tunes on. Not sure what I'm looking for right now, I want more space but also something with more power. I'd really like a Mustang just to have fun but I'm also looking at Forester XTs for a decent compromise between cargo space and performance.

I'm probably gonna see what I'd get for a trade-in with the car as-is before I decide to return to stock or not.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Not sure what I'll do with the tuner. Might just sell it to someone else for them to load tunes on. Not sure what I'm looking for right now, I want more space but also something with more power. I'd really like a Mustang just to have fun but I'm also looking at Forester XTs for a decent compromise between cargo space and performance.

I'm probably gonna see what I'd get for a trade-in with the car as-is before I decide to return to stock or not.
How much could you sell it for? They'd have to pay more then 1/2 to get their car tuned w/ someone else flash. Have you looked a '09-'14 rex's or sti 'hatchs? Look for a '09+ sti or a '11-'14 rex hatchs. [thumb]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts